Jump to content
Camden_yardbird

Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

 

You once downvoted a post of mine in 2011.

It was a good downvote though, as it was a bad post.

 

o

 

 

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

 

You've been downvoted by everyone at least once, right ???   😛

 

o

 

Everybody except for Weams, SBauer, and Scottie Baseball.

sc0tt even downvoted me once.

I totally suck.

 

o

  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Not bad when you've got a good bathroom with a power flusher.  But I prefer the homefield advantage.

Eh, sometimes you need alone time from annoying coworkers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

 

 

o

 

Everybody except for Weams, SBauer, and Scottie Baseball.

sc0tt even downvoted me once.

I totally suck.

 

o

It is possible to catch sc0tt in a bad mood.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope he feels better soon. I'm a big baby when I'm sick. 🤢So the interview is appreciated under those conditions.

The already quoted sections in the thread on analytics are the most interesting. The holes in the swing and what not. Let's hope Elias and crew can sprinkle some analytics magic on that bat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

 

You've been downvoted by everyone at least once, right ???   😛

 

 

 

1 hour ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

 

Mainly because he has "NY" in his name.

 

o

 

The reason why people tolerate me around here is because of the first 3 letters in my screen name that preclude the New York ........ OFF (Oriole Fan From.)

I'm kind of like Joe Namath, but wearing a Baltimore Colts uniform.

 

o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not saying this to criticize or pile on, but does it seem like Davis gets sick a lot more than other players?  I know he has young kids, maybe he needs to get better at avoiding their germs during the season.😉  I know I hardly ever got sick until I had kids...now I get sick from them all the time...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Frobby said:

The guy can’t win.   He shows up for camp, he’s swarmed by reporters wanting to hear what he did this winter to try to address his steep decline the last few years.   What’s he supposed to do, say he’s not answering any questions, he’s just going to let his play do the talking?    That would go over well....  9_9

It is not so much the interviews, but it is that is all he has produced are these interviews about how he is working on stuff...then he goes out there...exact same swing, exact same approach...dumpster fire.  I would much prefer that he say just what you suggest and either produce or be gone....I just think he is even more disingenous than most players are in public interviews. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The other thing about Davis interviews is that he always finds some new slant on not taking responsibility for his awful performance.  “People criticize me and I have learned how to deal with that reality”  is a long way from  “My performance was historically awful, I just really sucked and I have to do much better to even deserve to be out on the field.”   He never says anything remotely like that. It is always about the supposed work he is putting in,  getting back to the player he was before, blah, blah, blah. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Otter said:

Not saying this to criticize or pile on, but does it seem like Davis gets sick a lot more than other players?  I know he has young kids, maybe he needs to get better at avoiding their germs during the season.😉  I know I hardly ever got sick until I had kids...now I get sick from them all the time...

Sorry kids, Daddy can't hug you or tuck you in tonight because you might get me sick. That would go over well in most households. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, tntoriole said:

The other thing about Davis interviews is that he always finds some new slant on not taking responsibility for his awful performance.  “People criticize me and I have learned how to deal with that reality”  is a long way from  “My performance was historically awful, I just really sucked and I have to do much better to even deserve to be out on the field.”   He never says anything remotely like that. It is always about the supposed work he is putting in,  getting back to the player he was before, blah, blah, blah. 

Dude no. Now you are just piling on CD to pile on him. There’s a lot to complain about with CD but he absolutely owns up. Just a few examples, there are more. Plenty of players wouldn’t take the time to say these things in interviews.

From August interview:

“Mechanically this year I’ve gone back so many times to things I’ve done in the past that have proven to work and I don’t know if it’s age, I don’t know if it’s just a combination of things, but it has been a long year,”

From September interview:

"I have no clue what I'm doing at the plate," says the 32-year-old Davis

 "Failure just follows me around daily," he says.

“I just don’t understand,” he said, his words muffled through his hands. “How can I go out there every day and just not succeed? It’s baffling to me.”

From a post-season interview:

"Obviously the strikeouts are up and the weak contact, whatever you want to call it, into the shift...," Davis said.

 

 

 

Edited by TheOtherRipken
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheOtherRipken said:

Dude no. Now you are just piling on CD to pile on him. There’s a lot to complain about with CD but he absolutely owns up. Just a few examples, there are more. Plenty of players wouldn’t take the time to say these things in interviews.

From August interview:

“Mechanically this year I’ve gone back so many times to things I’ve done in the past that have proven to work and I don’t know if it’s age, I don’t know if it’s just a combination of things, but it has been a long year,”

From September interview:

"I have no clue what I'm doing at the plate," says the 32-year-old Davis

 "Failure just follows me around daily," he says.

“I just don’t understand,” he said, his words muffled through his hands. “How can I go out there every day and just not succeed? It’s baffling to me.”

From a post-season interview:

"Obviously the strikeouts are up and the weak contact, whatever you want to call it, into the shift...," Davis said.

 

 

 

Part of me thinks that if he flogged himself more on the podium, there’s a group that would point to his clear lack of self confidence as the reason for his struggles. “Needs to have a shorter memory.”

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

Part of me thinks that if he flogged himself more on the podium, there’s a group that would point to his clear lack of self confidence as the reason for his struggles. “Needs to have a shorter memory.”

Not me...what I really want is for him to follow Eddie Murray’s example  and just shut up and play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Otter said:

Not saying this to criticize or pile on, but does it seem like Davis gets sick a lot more than other players?  I know he has young kids, maybe he needs to get better at avoiding their germs during the season.😉  I know I hardly ever got sick until I had kids...now I get sick from them all the time...

You got sick all the time because they were in daycare and were around a bunch of other kids and put everything in their mouth.  I doubt Chris has his kids in daycare.  More likely he has a nanny or multiple nannies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, atomic said:

You got sick all the time because they were in daycare and were around a bunch of other kids and put everything in their mouth.  I doubt Chris has his kids in daycare.  More likely he has a nanny or multiple nannies. 

He still might have them in social groups, even if not in day care.    In any event, I haven’t really noticed him getting sick a lot, other than being allergic to hitting a baseball.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats







×
×
  • Create New...