Camden_yardbird

Chris Davis 2019 and beyond

12 hours ago, atomic said:

He says he doesn’t need any rehab games. The Orioles should make him do it. 

How much rehabbing do you need to hit a buck seventy?  Surely not much...

14 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

The guys who walked him eight times should have to engage in some kind of ritual clensing.

Quite literally the “Walk of Shame.” FWIW, two of those walks came in the major leagues — one by former Oriole (and terrible baseball name) Hayden Penn, one by Clayton Kershaw(!).    I think that’s going to be a serious black mark on Kershaw’s candidacy for the Hall of Fame.   Cabrera also was hit by a pitch once (by Mitchell Boggs) and did manage 3 successful sacrifices in the majors.    His red letter day was April 19, 2009, when he managed to ground out to the first baseman and walk in the same game.  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, atomic said:

He says he doesn’t need any rehab games. The Orioles should make him do it. 

Thankfully, it’s not solely up to him.

12 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Davis says he is ok, the team doctor might have a different opinion on his recovery.

And Hyde. Sounded like they had yet to have any internal discussions on what him coming back would entail.

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Quite literally the “Walk of Shame.” FWIW, two of those walks came in the major leagues — one by former Oriole (and terrible baseball name) Hayden Penn, one by Clayton Kershaw(!).    I think that’s going to be a serious black mark on Kershaw’s candidacy for the Hall of Fame.   Cabrera also was hit by a pitch once (by Mitchell Boggs) and did manage 3 successful sacrifices in the majors.    His red letter day was April 19, 2009, when he managed to ground out to the first baseman and walk in the same game.  

He got a hit in Japan.

5 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

He got a hit in Japan.

That pitcher committed hari kari.

9 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

He got a hit in Japan.

I want to see video.  My guess is that he was trying to sacrifice, the ball popped up over the third baseman's head as he fell down, the pitcher came over and collided with the inert third baseman, Cabrera eventually was reminded to run, and the official scorer had no choice but to call it a hit.

11 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Thankfully, it’s not solely up to him.

And Hyde. Sounded like they had yet to have any internal discussions on what him coming back would entail.

Exactly, unless Davis really wants to hide on the injured list, most players are going to say they are ready to go. 

I wanted to bump this thread up and generate some conversation around this considering we are approaching the all-star break.

I must say yesterday's game was somewhat rejuvenating with all of the Adley & Gunner chatter. Although it did make me start thinking about Elias next moves.

Do you guys think Davis is going to be cut before or shortly after the break? It seems like his role is diminishing game by game making me think something is on the horizon.

1 minute ago, FastEddie said:

I wanted to bump this thread up and generate some conversation around this considering we are approaching the all-star break.

I must say yesterday's game was somewhat rejuvenating with all of the Adley & Gunner chatter. Although it did make me start thinking about Elias next moves.

Do you guys think Davis is going to be cut before or shortly after the break? It seems like his role is diminishing game by game making me think something is on the horizon.

Been thinking this also. Ruiz actually played 1B over Davis recently with a RHP on the mound. That tells you a lot right there. He's been squarely demoted to the bench of late, which I always thought would happen for awhile before an eventual release. We're getting to the point where you want guys like Stewart, Santander, Wilkerson, Mountcastle (soonish) on the roster. You want to see Sisco at DH and 1B a little. You want Mancini at 1B. It's getting to be that time. 

We shall see...

17 minutes ago, FastEddie said:

I hope so.     We gave him a fair opportunity to work over the winter, and show us there was something left in the tank.

2018: .168/.243/.296, 36.8% K/PA, 29.2% looking strikeouts

2019: .167/.251/.286, 39.0% K/PA, 42.5% looking strikeouts 

He’s done.    Washed up.    Finito.   Give someone else a chance to contribute.    

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Frobby said:

I hope so.     We gave him a fair opportunity to work over the winter, and show us there was something left in the tank.

This can't continue much longer. It's comical now.

The only thing that is missing is a logjam of guys who need an opportunity. Santander and Dwight Smith producing could force the issue with DJ Stewart coming back.

7 hours ago, Frobby said:

I was squarely in the party of continuing to give him a chance, but I’ve watched him argue clear down the middle hanging breaking pitches for strikeouts with umps in games this season. There is something seriously wrong with him and I’m not sure anyone can explain it or fix it. It goes way beyond bat speed and diminishing physical ability.

• Confused 1