Luke-OH

Luke’s Draft Musings

6 hours ago, Il BuonO said:

Manoah looks to be throwing exclusively from the stretch. Is that right?

The only difference between his “full” windup and his stretch delivery is the pace of the leg kick. So basically, yes.

11 minutes ago, Satyr3206 said:

He hit that like he knew what was coming.

Yeah, looked like he was showing off in the last round of BP.

• Upvote 1

Ok, in a prior thread re Adley I noted that the ball didn’t seem to jump off his bat.  These two homers this weekend have convinced me this isn’t an issue.  

A lot can happen, but we might be seeing Adley turn into a surefire #1 overall.  Witt will never be that as a 19 year old high school graduate. 

One of the best 3 pitch mixes in the draft. LHP who has t97 in the past, was up to 95 in his opening start. Would be a great candidate for the O's 2nd pick IMO, but I expect him to run up draft boards. 

Seth Johnson of Campbell is a name to be familiar with, he is a converted SS, RHP. He's only pitched a handful of innings in his college career (like 10) and made his D1 debut today vs the #11 ranked ECU Pirates. 

He looked a little jittery on the mound and had some mechanical inconsistencies from time to time, but he sat 94-95mph with one of the best deliveries in college baseball and a curveball that was an easy plus when he commanded it. Also threw some armspeed changeups for strikes. This was in 36 degree weather. 4IP, 1H, 2BB, 5K, 0R

This is a lofty comp, but we could be looking at the next DeGrom. He isn't as free and easy as Degrom was, but his mechanics are more polished than DeGrom's were early in his transition to pitching. Obviously that's the absolute ceiling, but this kid is really good. It's a first round arm for me right now. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

It's getting kinda silly already.

I'm having a hard time picturing what June is going to be like.

Draft him and hand him a big check at the podium.