Sign in to follow this  
OFFNY

Peter Tork Died: The Make-Believe Band that Actually Came to Life

On 6/13/2019 at 8:22 PM, TonySoprano said:

I didn't start listening to the Stones until the mid 70s, then I worked backwards to their 60s albums.   Let it Bleed was better than Exile.  Probably the one of theirs I played the most was 
220px-Some_Girls.png

This album is better than ALL of those.

From my youboob channel, have a look!

RARE Stones album where every song jams. Exile (and many others) has 4 or 5 or 6 really great songs filled with 7 or 10 or 15 really crappy songs. Beggars Banquet jams from start to finish.

• Thanks 1

On 6/19/2019 at 4:04 AM, scOtt said:

This album is better than ALL of those.

From my youboob channel, have a look!

From my youboob channel. Beggar's banquet full album. Like I put in the description, "till Allen B. Klein sues me like he did The Verve"

Video pulled down. I have to go to "copyright school" (AND wait 3 months!) to access my damn channel again!

Video taken down

You now have 1 copyright strike.

Why did this happen?

A copyright owner asked us to take down your video because they believe it contains material that violates their copyright.

mqdefault.jpg?sqp=-oaymwEFCLQBEFo=&rs=AOn4CLCfhG2iaI83LARadwW5qv3XY3gIXA
  • Title: Rolling Stones Beggars Banquet 1968 full album
  • Video ID: O0oKVln2O2A

What's a copyright strike?

When your video gets taken down due to a copyright complaint, you get a temporary penalty on your account called a "copyright strike." If you get 3 strikes within 3 months, you can lose access to your account.

What do I do now?

You can clear this strike by completing Copyright School and then waiting 3 months for it to expire. During this time, you can still use YouTube. Learn more

WHOTF is so uptight that they watch millions of channels every day, finds my little nothing channel within 6 days and bothers to make youboob pull down the video? I thought I was freaking anal/OCD. This guy is a pro whore! 🙄

On 6/27/2019 at 1:53 AM, scOtt said:

WHOTF is so uptight that they watch millions of channels every day, finds my little nothing channel within 6 days and bothers to make youboob pull down the video? I thought I was freaking anal/OCD. This guy is a pro whore! 🙄

Probably our AI robot overlords.  

What a freakin' slow-motion trainwreck this thread is.  The use of sidemen now make a band fake?  Hats off to you, OFFNY, Nash Lumber and a few others for making this a readable (if disturbing) rabbit hole to fall into.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, 24fps said:

What a freakin' slow-motion trainwreck this thread is.  The use of sidemen now make a band fake?  Hats off to you, OFFNY, Nash Lumber and a few others for making this a readable (if disturbing) rabbit hole to fall into.

On 7/28/2019 at 6:41 PM, 24fps said:

o

Thanks.

I would love to hear Paul McCartney's (or any hardcore musician from that era) reaction to the assertion that the Beach Boys were a fake band.

o

On 8/6/2019 at 10:50 AM, OFFNY said:

o

Thanks.

I would love to hear Paul McCartney's (or any hardcore musician from that era) reaction to the assertion that the Beach Boys were a fake band.

o

I never said anyone is a fake band.  That was your term.  If the music is good what difference does it make who is playing on the albums?  But I find it funny that the album that Beach Boys are most praised for they didn't even play on.  

I love the Monkees music especially the first two album and think Peter Tork was hilarious.  I am not sure why you had to turn a Peter Tork tribute into some sort of test for what kind of music is legitimate or not.   

Peter sings on "Your Auntie Grizelda" which is always a crowd favorite. 

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, atomic said:

I never said anyone is a fake band.  That was your term.  If the music is good what difference does it make who is playing on the albums?  But I find it funny that the album that Beach Boys are most praised for they didn't even play on.  

I love the Monkees music especially the first two album and think Peter Tork was hilarious.  I am not sure why you had to turn a Peter Tork tribute into some sort of test for what kind of music is legitimate or not.   

Peter sings on "Your Auntie Grizelda" which is always a crowd favorite. 

o

Yes, you did. In fact, those were your EXACT words. I used the term in regard to the Monkees' on their first 2 albums, and you used the same exact term in regard to the Beach Boys, the Byrds, and the Mamas and the Papas. 

On 6/5/2019 at 11:59 AM, atomic said:

All those 60's bands were fake bands then.  The Beach Boys, the Byrds and Mamas and Papas used the same people playing on their albums that the Monkees did. 

The problem was when they started playing their own instruments and wanting to record their own songs they weren't as good.   Mickey Dolenz was a great singer.   Davey Jones sang some good songs as well.  

EVERYBODY in this thread except for you understood (and did not dispute) what I said about the Monkees evolving from a fake band into a real band. In fact, the Monkees themselves have said that they were a fake band until they fought (and won) their autonomy on the Headquarters album in 1967.

You were the only one that challenged that simple fact, deceitfully used the Beach Boys as an absurd comparison to what the Monkees did on their first 2 albums, and you continue with your lying and denying your won words. Nash Lumber, Tony Soprano, Scott, 24fps, Going Underground, and Steve A all agree with with me and have called you out on it. You (as you often do on the main board) have turned a simple and straightforward tribute into an argument because you insist on lying, denying your own words, and being outright incorrigible.

o

20 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Yes, you did. In fact, those were your EXACT words. I used the term in regard to the Monkees' on their first 2 albums, and you used the same exact term in regard to the Beach Boys, the Byrds, and the Mamas and the Papas. 

EVERYBODY in this thread except for you understood (and did not dispute) what I said about the Monkees evolving from a fake band into a real band. In fact, the Monkees themselves have said that they were a fake band until they fought (and won) their autonomy on the Headquarters album in 1967.

You were the only one that challenged that simple fact, deceitfully used the Beach Boys as an absurd comparison to what the Monkees did on their first 2 albums, and you continue with your lying and denying your won words. Nash Lumber, Tony Soprano, Scott, 24fps, Going Underground, and Steve A all agree with with me and have called you out on it. You (as you often do on the main board) have turned a simple and straightforward tribute into an argument because you insist on lying, denying your own words, and being outright incorrigible.

o

I never said that the Beach Boys were a fake band. Re-read my post that you quoted where I said they were a fake band. I said you were to classify the Monkees as fake band then you would have to classify the Beach Boys as a fake band. I never said either was fake. That was you saying that.  

I don't understand your angst. And I am not sure why you ruined the Peter Tork thread.  

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, atomic said:

I never said that the Beach Boys were a fake band. 

o

On 6/5/2019 at 11:59 AM, atomic said:

All those 60's bands were fake bands then. The Beach Boys, the Byrds and Mamas and Papas used the same people playing on their albums that the Monkees did. 

The problem was when they started playing their own instruments and wanting to record their own songs they weren't as good.   Mickey Dolenz was a great singer.   Davey Jones sang some good songs as well.