Sign in to follow this  
PaulFolk

at Rays 3/9

1 minute ago, Going Underground said:

It is not real.Just for play.Bundy is going through a dead arm period. Unfortunately, it has been since last May 

I have a bad feeling we'll have our share of games like this this year. Really sloppy D that inning. 3 errors and throwing the ball around like clowns.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

A field goal won't tie it, they will have to go for a touchdown.

They got 2 safeties.

Rays catcher almost kills his pitcher throwing thru to 2B. Pitcher got his glove in front of it.

1 hour ago, PaulFolk said:

Tanner Scott is now in. Tommy Pham bloops a leadoff double inside the right-field line.

This Rays announcer is doing his best to sound excited, even though the Rays are losing by eight and the game doesn't count.

I guess he was right not to write this game off.    Crazy.  

5 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

15-14 ........ that was the final score in the incredible comeback win for the Blue Jays over the Phillies in Game Four of the 1993 World Series.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/PHI/PHI199310200.shtml

o

o

And considering that this is the antithesis of that game in terms of importance (an exhibition game vs. a World Series game), can they just stop the game right now via a mercy rule ??? Not mercy for either of the teams, but mercy for the fans that are still bothering to watch this.

o

TB announcer: This is the kind of game that PROVES you need spring training.

• Haha 1

He turned down 2/12 from the Astros earlier this offseason.

I've said it before unless you are a big name you need to sign early.  The guys that wait are getting killed.

You can't blame this one on collusion.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• Houston has also been able to acquire arms late in the draft or cheaply in the international market and develop them into trade assets. I'm prepping for Rule 5 draft stuff and it's unbelievable how many good arms they have in the minors that came out of nowhere (10+ round pick or older international signees). They all throw hard and miss bats. 
    • Hopefully the Nats finish this thing off today.  They have gone I think 81-40 since starting 19-31.  That is remarkable.  The Cardinals do what they always do in October....overachieve.  Thankfully, they are about to get stuffed by the much better team.  This will be a really good WS matchup regardless of who comes out of the AL. 
    • Eh, I don't really buy that in this case.  Liberatore is a lefty, has better mechanics, and more projection remaining, so I think there is a fair case for Liberatore then and now. It's really close though, Rodriguez is the better pitch at the moment, but no one really cares who is the better pitcher at 19 in low A ball. 
    • The old Liberatore vs Rodriguez debate. I think most “experts” will always try and rank Liberatore slightly higher than Rodriguez because they all criticized the O’s for “reaching” for Rodriguez. 
    • Someone pointed out before that Vaughn got pitched around his last year in NCAA. Let’s see what happens to Torkelson when/if he gets that treatment.  I don’t see how we could draft Torkelson.  Even if we trade Mancini, Mountcastle is still likely a 1B.  When team building I don’t think you pencil in your future 1B and DH spots first.   I’d like to see us draft a bat, but if the best SP is available then I’m open to that. I think that bats are safer picks and would help the system more.  Hopefully Detroit makes a mistake at 1:1 and we get the player Elias thinks is #1 overall. Lots of baseball to play till the draft. 
    • HOU got burned with taking Pitchers Appel and Aiken high. HOU has been grow the bats and buy the arms since then. Using their prospect bats to acquire proven SP.  I do think bats are safer picks over pitchers. Last draft we took lots of bats compared to pitchers. It could’ve been lots of factors at play, but I think it was a strategic decision.  Not having the number one pick in next years’ draft means we’ll likely be deciding on the 2nd best SP, Torkelson, or other NCAA and HS bats.    
    • I hope Buck gets the Phillies job. 
  • Popular Contributors