Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Philip

Oreos 2019 draft picks?

Recommended Posts

I tried to find out exactly how many picks the Orioles have in the first hundred, they got their first rounder, their second rounder, a compensation pick at number 71, I think, for a total of three Picks in the first 100?

My question is is the draft deep enough for those other two Choicesto be meaningful producers? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Philip said:

I tried to find out exactly how many picks the Orioles have in the first hundred, they got their first rounder, their second rounder, a compensation pick at number 71, I think, for a total of three Picks in the first 100?

My question is is the draft deep enough for those other two Choicesto be meaningful producers? 

Guys from any round can become meaningful producers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Guys from any round can become meaningful producers.

Yes of course, but the deeper the more likely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Philip said:

I tried to find out exactly how many picks the Orioles have in the first hundred, they got their first rounder, their second rounder, a compensation pick at number 71, I think, for a total of three Picks in the first 100?

My question is is the draft deep enough for those other two Choicesto be meaningful producers? 

4 in the top 100.

1-1, 2-1, comp B, and 3-1

There is plenty of depth, it’ll be interesting to see see how things play out, there are a lot of big time risers without much track record and then there are the guys projected to go in the first round going into the season who have only been OK so far. Teams weight things differently, so it’ll be fun to see how it plays out.

I’ll have at least a top 100 draft preference list up on the site pre-draft. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2019 at 9:43 PM, Luke-OH said:

4 in the top 100.

1-1, 2-1, comp B, and 3-1

There is plenty of depth, it’ll be interesting to see see how things play out, there are a lot of big time risers without much track record and then there are the guys projected to go in the first round going into the season who have only been OK so far. Teams weight things differently, so it’ll be fun to see how it plays out.

I’ll have at least a top 100 draft preference list up on the site pre-draft. 

Looks to me like we could take Rutschman 1 and still get a decent SS with our 2nd pick.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Looks to me like we could take Rutschman 1 and still get a decent SS with our 2nd pick.  

They used a first round pick last year on a SS.

How about just going with the best player available? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Looks to me like we could take Rutschman 1 and still get a decent SS with our 2nd pick.  

There are plenty of SS options, but I agree with CoC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

They used a first round pick last year on a SS.

How about just going with the best player available? 

BPA is always the best strategy, but if we're torn between Rutschman and Witt, taking a SS with our 2nd pick  could be a good compromise.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

BPA is always the best strategy, but if we're torn between Rutschman and Witt, taking a SS with our 2nd pick  could be a good compromise.  

I don't see how.

I'd rather see if one of the current crop of shortstops in the system pan out and reach for a guy.

I also don't think Elias is going to be torn between Rutschman and Witt, he doesn't seem the type.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd probably pick the Double-Stuf ones first, and then I also really like the Golden Oreos.

After that all the ones with the weird colors would probably go.   Trying to decide what would be left at the end of the draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Aglets said:

I'd probably pick the Double-Stuf ones first, and then I also really like the Golden Oreos.

After that all the ones with the weird colors would probably go.   Trying to decide what would be left at the end of the draft.

s-l640.jpg

5.4 times the filling of a regular Oreo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

s-l640.jpg

5.4 times the filling of a regular Oreo.

The real question is, would you trade the competitive balance pick for those?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/28/2019 at 12:10 PM, makoman said:

The real question is, would you trade the competitive balance pick for those?

Duquette certainly would...and would also throw in some international bonus slot money to sweeten the deal...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2019 at 3:46 PM, Aglets said:

I'd probably pick the Double-Stuf ones first, and then I also really like the Golden Oreos.

After that all the ones with the weird colors would probably go.   Trying to decide what would be left at the end of the draft.

Better yet, Double Stuff Golden. Can't go wrong with either one in the top spot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2019 at 3:11 PM, Can_of_corn said:

I don't see how.

I'd rather see if one of the current crop of shortstops in the system pan out and reach for a guy.

I also don't think Elias is going to be torn between Rutschman and Witt, he doesn't seem the type.

I’m totally into BPA, but it would be great if the BPA was a SS with a solid bat.    Shortstops can always be moved to another position defensively.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats







×
×
  • Create New...