interloper

The Davis Release Poll

The Davis Poll - Make Your Prediction  

200 members have voted

1. 1. Simple question: How long does he last? Stake your claim!! [2019-2020]

• Released before the start of the 2019 regular season
    • Released during the 2019 season before the All Star break
    • Released during the 2019 All Star break (7/8 thru 7/11)
    • Released after the 2019 All Star break but before the end of the season (7/12 thru 9/29)
    • Released during the MLB postseason
    • Released during the offseason
    • Released during ST 2020
    • He is not released and makes it to regular season 2020

On 3/25/2019 at 11:06 AM, DrungoHazewood said:

1) Are you a fan of anyone?

2) If you do a search on your posts that include the word Davis you get 471 results.

This is one of the funniest posts ever.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

This is one of the funniest posts ever.

We have different since of humors this.

This is a dead horse and has been for some time.

Getting old, to read about it every day.

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

13 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

We have different since of humors this.

This is a dead horse and has been for some time.

Getting old, to read about it every day.

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

Image result for no animals were harmed in the making of this video

Still think Davis will at least be here till Opening Day of next year or released perhaps right before. Or be here forever.

where is the plays out his contract option? I actually think they will just bury him on the bench and drag him all the way through the terms of the deal.

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

Image result for no animals were harmed in the making of this video

Still think Davis will at least be here till Opening Day of next year or released perhaps right before. Or be here forever.

He gets DFA around ASG in 2020.

4 minutes ago, theobird said:

where is the plays out his contract option? I actually think they will just bury him on the bench and drag him all the way through the terms of the deal.

There...is....just......no way. 

I would lose all faith in humanity if that happened. 

1 hour ago, Redskins Rick said:

1 hour ago, Redskins Rick said:

I just figured he’d hang around till his contract is up. Isn’t he owed 90 million on his contract?  

22 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

I just figured he’d hang around till his contract is up. Isn’t he owed 90 million on his contract?  

Hey, it’s only about $83 mm now!

I do think there may come a time when management decides it's a beneficial decision to cut bait and eat bills with regard to Davis.  Just not for another 2-3 years at the least, is my guess.

1 minute ago, jjnono said:

I do think there may come a time when management decides it's a beneficial decision to cut bait and eat bills with regard to Davis.  Just not for another 2-3 years at the least, is my guess.

Replace management with ownership and I agree with you.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Replace management with ownership and I agree with you.

Astute, as ever... Yes, exactly.

On 3/26/2019 at 12:34 AM, Riggodrill44 said:

Just watched a Chris Davis at bat from 2015. He was facing a lefty Abad from Oakland, and he homered after a lengthy at bat. What really stood out was how much chew he had in his mouth. I think his slide is coinciding with the tobacco band. Might just be in his head but, that's all it takes sometimes.

I think it's helpful observations like this that Buck, Eddie, and others were referring to when they said there are just some things that stat-heads don't get or at least value enough. And contrary to what the brainiacs imply, it's not easy to track stuff like tobacco band and heft and speed of spit while taking in account volume of chaw, gametime temperature and humidity, and many other factors. Only an experienced on-the-field hand can intuit how to integrate it into an overall picture and series of tips. Personally speakng, I've always found it almost impossible to be patient and focused enough to chart how well the chaw comes out of a player's mouth, time to the ground, and chew and release times, and then line them up with swing mechanics.

Bravo, Riggodril44, you should send this to the team and ask for a front-row box slightly off to the third-base side to deepen your study.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, LA2 said:

I think it's helpful observations like this that Buck, Eddie, and others were referring to when they said they are just some things that stat-heads don't get or at least value enough. And, contrary to what the brainiacs imply, it's not easy to track stuff like tobacco band, heft and speed of spit, etc. while taking in account size/volume of chaw, game-time temperature and humidity, and many other factors. Only an experienced on-the-field baseball mind can intuit how to integrate it into an overall picture and series of tips. Personally, I've always found it almost impossible to be patient and focused enough to chart how well the chaw comes out of a player's mouth, time to the ground, and chew and release times, and then line them up with swing mechanics and timing.

Bravo, Riggodril44, you should send this to the team and ask for a front-row box slightly off to the third-base side to deepen your study.

I nominate this for post of the month.