interloper

Today's lineup looks like the OD lineup to me

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Ruiz, Nunez, Martin, Jackson, Mullins, Severino, Smith, Mancini.  

Out of that group, I think only Ruiz and Severino have a shot of sticking for three years. Everyone else has too many warts.

1 minute ago, interloper said:

Tanaka is a RHP, so I could actually see Smith getting the start over Rickard. Or perhaps Smith could DH with Rickard in RF. 

I do think obviously Severino will be a strict backup until he learns the pitchers. 

Is Severino going to learn the pitchers by catching bullpens?  I think he gets thrown right into the fire. I expect a 50/50 split between the catchers.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Is Severino going to learn the pitchers by catching bullpens?  I think he gets thrown right into the fire. I expect a 50/50 split between the catchers.

Well... we will see! 

I would not mind see Joey play LF in Yankee Stadium all 3 games. He will be plenty busy out there. DH Mancini Game 1 and sit Núñez. Nunez can start next 2 vs LHP.  

Also think Sucre starts Game 1.  

1 minute ago, mdbdotcom said:

Out of that group, I think only Ruiz and Severino have a shot of sticking for three years. Everyone else has too many warts.

It's anyone's guess but I like Mullins the best. I would go.

1. Mullins 2. Severino 3. Ruiz 4. Martin. 5. Nunez. 6. Jackson 7. Mancini

Mancini is the most accomplished. Just think he's not here in 3 years.

• Upvote 1

I like Rickard as the 2 hitter in RF and Smith Jr. in the bottom third of lineup and in LF. Mancini to DH and Davis to bench.

I only want to see Davis in there against righties that max out at 92 or less. 

1 hour ago, LookitsPuck said:

This lineup over 162 will struggle to score more than 600 runs. 

We're going to see something we have never seen with an O's team. We're going to lead the AL in stolen bases. Should be fun.

3 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Hopefully Davis being dropped is a sign of things to come.  

That is a terrible, terrible lineup.  Cringe worthy, for sure.

Pop quiz, is there anyone in that lineup that could replace a starter on another AL East OD lineup?

I was thinking this morning...I might actually have to study the roster prior to the Home Opener to quote Major League..."Who the hell are these guys?"  

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Dipper9 said:

I was thinking this morning...I might actually have to study the roster prior to the Home Opener to quote Major League..."Who the hell are these guys?"  

I'm pretty certain I wouldn't recognize most of them walking down the street. I'm at a point where I wouldn't recognize most of them if they were on TV pitching or batting.

This team is a who's who of who's that?.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Pop quiz, is there anyone in that lineup that could replace a starter on another AL East OD lineup?

3 hours ago, OldNewGuy said:

My thoughts, too. I was going to wait for the actual opening day lineup, but this one deserves the same question.

3 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

Have you looked at the Blue Jays and Rays lineups?

I personally like Villar over Travis and certainly think he could be better than a post-injury 35-yo Pedroia.  

• Upvote 1

If he wants the optimum lineup on opening day, then there’s no excuse for Mancini in left. There is also no excuse for Davis starting. I don’t know whether Smith has  a better arm than Rickard, But they should be in left and right field, Davis should be on the bench, Mancini should be at first, and I guess Nunez can be DH. That’s making some serious lemonade.

But it is absolutely unforgivable to have Mancini in left. There is no justification whatsoever.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Philip said:

If he wants the optimum lineup on opening day, then there’s no excuse for Mancini in left. There is also no excuse for Davis starting. I don’t know whether Smith has  a better arm than Rickard, But they should be in left and right field, Davis should be on the bench, Mancini should be at first, and I guess Nunez can be DH. That’s making some serious lemonade.

But it is absolutely unforgivable to have Mancini in left. There is no justification whatsoever.

I agree 100% about Mancini in the OF...

3 hours ago, LookitsPuck said:

This lineup over 162 will struggle to score more than 600 runs. 

Well they just put up 4 runs in the first inning, that's pretty good right?   ;)

13 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Well they just put up 4 runs in the first inning, that's pretty good right?   ;)

Do spring training stats count?