Sign in to follow this  
weams

Mark Trumbo on 60 Day Injury List

I’ll admit, I said last week that I did not think he’d need to be out anywhere near that long.    I was wrong.   

• Upvote 1

Sorry to hear that Trumbo is still hurt, but now we can put Mancini in his best position...DH.

EDIT:  I had said "Great!" in this post initially, but I don't wish anyone to be injured. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

60 days to see what this team looks like with half of the two headed Davis/Trumbo monster.  Now if only....

Maybe Davis is removed to make room for Trumbo?

• Haha 1

So as it turned out only one non-roster guy made the team -- Sucre -- and we were able to put him on the 40 without losing anyone because 60 day DL spots do not counta gainst the 40.

By my count, the only guys we have lost from the organization for roster reasons are Osich, Wilkerson, and Hart.   We released Bo Schultz and traded Yaz, and EYJr and Alcides Escobar were released from their minor league deals when they did not make the team.

Mike Wright and Hanser Alberto, who many people felt were the most vulnerable guys on the 40, look like they have made the 25 man OD roster and Wright looks like he is in the starting rotation.

• Thanks 1

Just now, SteveA said:

So as it turned out only one non-roster guy made the team -- Sucre -- and we were able to put him on the 40 without losing anyone because 60 day DL spots do not counta gainst the 40.

By my count, the only guys we have lost from the organization for roster reasons are Osich, Wilkerson, and Hart.   We released Bo Schultz and traded Yaz, and EYJr and Alcides Escobar were released from their minor league deals when they did not make the team.

Mike Wright and Hanser Alberto, who many people felt were the most vulnerable guys on the 40, look like they have made the 25 man OD roster and Wright looks like he is in the starting rotation.

TRADED YAZ?!?!?!?!!?!? Being away for a few days, I can't believe I missed THAT THEY TRADED YAZ!!!!!!!!!!!

Has someone checked on @wildcard?  Is he ok?  Someone keep sharp objects away from him please.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

TRADED YAZ?!?!?!?!!?!? Being away for a few days, I can't believe I missed THAT THEY TRADED YAZ!!!!!!!!!!!

Has someone checked on @wildcard?  Is he ok?  Someone keep sharp objects away from him please.

I'm OK now that you are back.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

To San Fran for a minor league relief pitcher.   The Giants seem to want anyone who has ever worn an Oriole uniform on their team.   Seems like a dubious strategy to me.

Yaz wasn't going to get playing time in Norfolk with Stewart, Hays [before he got hurt], and Santander down there, possibly Diaz too.   And at his age, after doing OK in AAA last year, going down to Bowie didn't make sense (plus he would have to battle Diaz and McKenna for PT there).   Trading him is probably best for him.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

So is Trumbo now not eligible to play until June 1st?

60 days from when he last played in a game, which I think was Friday (March 22).

By my count, that means he can be activated May 21.