OFFNY

vs. YANKS, 4/04 (2019 Home Opener)

Just now, NashLumber said:

Every post is hand carved from rich Corinthian leather. The artistry and detail is breathtaking. 

Except when he cross posts the same content into three threads.

1 minute ago, OFFNY said:

o

I have no problem at all with Cobb going 3 times through the order and/or pitching deep into a game (7 or 8 innings) under normal circumstances.

My only concern is in regard to his first 2 starts of this season, due to the groin injury that interrupted the latter part of of his training.

o

It seems like Cobb/The club think it was not really that bad. Gary even said (I think this is the phrase he used...) it was a 'pseudo-injury."

2 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

Every post is hand carved from rich Corinthian leather. The artistry and detail is breathtaking. 

Loooook what they've done to my Corrrrdoba!

• Haha 1

The Davis contract is a sunk cost.  There is really no point in playing him, as he can't hit a baseball at the major league level anymore.  Pay the man his money, release him, and give someone else a chance. 

4 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

I usually copy and post a previous post, so that the letter font is immediately taken care of ........ then I adjust the commas and the periods.

I'm a pretty fast typer, also ........ perhaps I inherited that from my late mother, who was a full-time secretary.

o

You could really throw everyone off by doing some posts in shorthand.

Chris Davis and Richie Martin are a combined 1-for-32 (.031) with 18Ks to start the season. That's tough to overcome at a bottom of a lineup.

Boy, that last half was so exciting and new.  We got speed on the bases with no outs, and just stayed there.  

Exciting baseball.

Terrible.

5 minutes ago, scOtt said:

It seems like Cobb/The club think it was not really that bad. Gary even said (I think this is the phrase he used...) it was a 'pseudo-injury."

o

It may not be a problem at all.

Cobb may very well be just fine throwing 100 pitches today.

I just think that they should keep an eye on it ....... a pitcher ALMOST ALWAYS says that he is fine to continue pitching (both before the game and in between innings), so I wouldn't necessarily take Cobb's word for it on how he feels.

o

3 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

It’s just plain awkward watching him now. A random varsity high school slugger would fair better.

I'm glad I was late from work and missed him being booed on the Orange Carpet.

For those who saw it, was it bad? Scattered?

5 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

It’s just plain awkward watching him now. A random varsity high school slugger would fair better.

You know how the manager can signal the automatic walk now instead having his pitcher throw 4 intentionally outside the strike zone.  They should do that with Chris Davis, only have it as an automatic strike out.  I mean come on, that would save time and we all know it's going to happen anyway.

• Haha 1