Going Underground

Long lines at security checkpoints frustrate Orioles fans at home opener

29 minutes ago, ThomasTomasz said:

Thats interesting, they specifically posted the FAQ on Twitter and said they wouldn't accept screenshots.  

From Oriole ticket page. But with problems they might let you do it.

Can I use a screenshot of my ticket?

No, screenshots of tickets will not be accepted. Digital tickets must be presented within MLB Ballpark at the stadium. Fans may be asked to "refresh" their ticket in order to prove that it is from the app. Copies of barcodes presented through third-party applications, screenshots or print outs will not be accepted at the stadium

https://www.mlb.com/orioles/tickets/mobile

• Upvote 1

It was a lot slower than I’ve ever seen it before (11th opening day). Long lines at just about every gate. Not sure what the difference was but something was definitely different.  That press release isn’t telling everything.

6 minutes ago, Slappy said:

It was a lot slower than I’ve ever seen it before (11th opening day). Long lines at just about every gate. Not sure what the difference was but something was definitely different.  That press release isn’t telling everything.

2 big issues I saw, even as the first one at a gate...

1. Mobile ticketing. It took a few tries to scan, but I can see how that adds up. 

2. Bag checks were a LOT slower and more thorough. I have a hoodie, glove, sunglasses case, pair of glasses/extra contacts, my good luck charm (stuffed bug), and other miscellaneous things. They usually open the zippers, poke around, and done. This time, I had to pull the hoodie out and shake it, they dug all around my bag, inspected everything, ect. That adds up a whole lot.

• Upvote 1

Ok ,that is a very long line. Also was told the concession lines were also horrible and not all food items available yet? Anybody who was there have any problems with concessions? 

Brett Hollander, WBAL:

One of the lines to get into the park at 322. And this picture doesn’t do it justice.

D3VR4p3XoAYAdd-.jpg:large

6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Is this a case of them cutting back on overall staffing since they know attendance is going to be down?

That would be insane....hire enough to handle the one sell out of the year and lay em all off.  

Just now, foxfield said:

That would be insane....hire enough to handle the one sell out of the year and lay em all off.  

The smart thing would be to hire temp workers for the day.

will-work-food-cardboard-sign-10879865.j

5 hours ago, Going Underground said:

I spoke too soon. Does Camden Yards really have this? I have seen nothing about doing this.

CLEAR announced today new Major League Baseball (MLB) club partnerships and the expansion of its biometric ticketing solution at additional stadiums across the United States. Texas Rangers and Baltimore Orioles fans can now use the CLEAR biometric identity membership platform to verify their identity for frictionless access to games at Globe Life Park and Camden Yards.

https://www.biometricupdate.com/201904/more-mlb-stadiums-deploy-clear-biometric-tech-for-frictionless-fan-entry

Yes, this was at the Eutaw Street entrance/ticket booth coming from Ravens Walk.  

As for the topic at hand, we got there around 12:30pm and walked right through security in about a minute, just like any other game.  We hit Gameday Firehouse for a couple beers before the game, but then we headed in.  I'm not gonna preach about partying, as I can drink with the best of them, but on Opening Day people need to get in the stadium and not wait until game time to try to rush in.  I guess people gotta get that last $3 beer.  

• Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Ok ,that is a very long line. Also was told the concession lines were also horrible and not all food items available yet? Anybody who was there have any problems with concessions? 

Brett Hollander, WBAL:

One of the lines to get into the park at 322. And this picture doesn’t do it justice.

D3VR4p3XoAYAdd-.jpg:large

Damn, that's crazy.  

But yes, even in the Club Level the line for food took 2 innings to get anything, and half the menu options they said were not ready.  The whole day was as if the Orioles have never had an Opener before.  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Dipper9 said:

Damn, that's crazy.  

But yes, even in the Club Level the line for food took 2 innings to get anything, and half the menu options they said were not ready.  The whole day was as if the Orioles have never had an Opener before.  

That was what I have heard.Seemed strange that your new hot dog vendor would not be ready till the second home stand.They knew Esskay was leaving for months.Also the text from Mr.Bader should have been a little more understanding. Not that the security is now tighter and takes longer.Maybe thank the fans for their understanding  and patience  Maybe on the Oriole website ,they could have told the fans to arrive early due to more stringent security checks.Seems like the old Oriole regime but I am keeping an open mind.

2 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

That was what I have heard.Seemed strange that your new hot dog vendor would not be ready till the second home stand.They knew Esskay was leaving for months.Also the text from Mr.Bader should have been a little more understanding. Not that the security is now tighter and takes longer.Maybe thank the fans for their understanding  and patience  Maybe on the Oriole website ,they could have told the fans to arrive early due to more stringent security checks.Seems like the old Oriole regime but I am keeping an open mind.

I think tomorrow when there are 10 thousand people there and 9000 of them are Yankees fans, they will start to get the message.  

Just now, Dipper9 said:

I think tomorrow when there are 10 thousand people there and 9000 of them are Yankees fans, they will start to get the message.  

They'll cater to those 9000 more? Play NY NY after the Game?  Have thin crust Pizza dripping with grease? 

• Like 1

Just now, weams said:

They'll cater to those 9000 more? Play NY NY after the Game?  Have thin crust Pizza dripping with grease? 

Hey Hey Hey....leave greasy pizza out of this!  

lol

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1