weams

Minor League Summaries are up

What’s going on with Ryan Bannon. A promotion to AAA and the guy is Jeff Kent. It can’t all be the MLB baseball?  🤣 

Edited by sportsfan8703
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

What’s going on with Ryan Bannon. A promotion to AAA and the guy is Jeff Kent. It can’t all be the MLB baseball?  🤣 

Bannon is one of my family's favorites. He does it all. And he has not fallen out of a moving truck bed yet. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cboemmeljr said:

Baysox Clinch Playoff Berth

Erie loss seals final Eastern League postseason spot.

RICHMOND, Va. -- The Bowie Baysox are heading to the 2019 Eastern League Playoffs, despite a 2-1 defeat in front of 9,354 at The Diamond Sunday night. The Akron RubberDucks defeated the Erie SeaWolves in Ohio, clinching the Second Half Western Division title for the Baysox.

Both pitching staffs dueled through seven scoreless innings before Jalen Miller broke through with a RBI single in the eighth inning. A walk and a single set the stage for the second baseman, who grounded a single through the drawn-in infield to score Anyesber Sivira. Joey Bart beat out a potential double play to give the hosts a second run off Francisco Jimenez.

Bowie (46-25) fought back and halved the deficit with a run in the top of the ninth inning. A walk and a single brought Anderson Feliz to the plate against reliever Garrett Williams. The switch-hitter grounded a dribbler to Miller, who botched the fielding attempt and allowed Cedric Mullins to score. 

Despite the no-decision, Lowther had himself a night in his final start of the regular season. The lefty scattered four hits and struck out nine batters in six scoreless innings, retiring 14 of the final 15 Richmond hitters. Richmond put a runner on third base in each of the first two innings, but Lowther got Gio Brusa to pop up in the first inning before retiring the side in order in the second inning.

The Baysox and Squirrels complete their four-game series at 1:05 p.m. on the final game of the 2019 regular season. LHP Alex Wells (8-5, 2.75 ERA) is scheduled to make his final start of the season on Labor Day against a pitcher to be determined. 

34 minutes ago, UpstateNYfan said:

Thanks for all your work this season. Makes things a bit hopeful for some improvement at the ML level in the not too distant future.

Thanks for reading the summaries and the kind words.  Things are hopeful for sure and it will be very interesting to see where we are as a system in 2020.

19 minutes ago, cboemmeljr said:

Thanks for reading the summaries and the kind words.  Things are hopeful for sure and it will be very interesting to see where we are as a system in 2020.

We are very fortunate to have your help here. 

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• It isn't going to happen.  President says something different every day. 
    • Not a full mock draft, but a Ravens mock I just did: 1. Patrick Queen, LB, LSU 2. Brandon Aiyuk, WR, ASU 2. Kyle Duggar, S, Lenoir-Rhyne 3. Damien Lewis, G, LSU 3. Jabari Zuniga, EDGE, Florida 4. Van Jefferson, WR, Florida 4. Albert Okwuegbunam, TE, Missouri I would be very pleased if we could pull this off. Lock in a stud MLB and another home run threat at receiver with Aiyuk. Duggar gives us some depth at safety who can also slide up and play weakside LB on day 1. From there, shore up the interior OL, get someone who can chase down the QB, a reliable possession WR, and some TE depth (the only one I don't feel good about). Everyone has the ability to contribute, in varying degrees, starting day 1.
    • I still watch Daily Show religiously, and you are right, it is weird, but to me it is also better than nothing.  That is my approach on pro sports.  It will be weird if they start, just like it was weird to watch the O's/White Sox game during the riots.  I don't recall hearing any cussing, but its been awhile.  Sponsors/teams/television stations with contracts are losing money.  They want to clog that gap.  Players who are pending free agents don't want to miss a season or be ppd one season away from free agency.  I think everyone is getting a bit cabin fever and for players sitting in hotels playing their game, probably 6-7 hour days would be better than being stuck at home.   Am I sure its the right or smart idea? No.  Is it possible we start up and shut down again in a month? Yes.  Will I watch games if they start? Absolutely.  
    • https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29007497/maryland-star-jalen-smith-leave-school-nba-draft
    • Saw that the Steelers have petitioned the League to add three rounds to the end of the draft this year to compensate for not being able to have in person meetings, missed pro days, etc. Do you guys like this idea?
    • Has anyone watched late night shows without audiences?? It has largely failed. Comedians, entertainers, pro athletes etc need a live audience for it to be enjoyable. The games will be nothing more than a scrimmage, get 'er done, adios. Players get paid, teams will get T revenue. Baseball (and other team sports) are not exactly good role models for hygiene. Spitting, throwing drinks, gum, etc around, and some poor dugout guy cleans up their shit. Social distancing?? These guys away from family are not going to sit in a hotel room and watch TV. A dozen or so games in AZ each day, night..... I think temps are commonly in the upper 90's +.  As Enjoy Terror said, what if a team member tests positive? Do you really think he is likely to be the only positive on the team? And for those that pity the overstretched finances of players, think about all the small businesses that are NOT likely to come back. Baseball will come back, the players and teams will once again make huge sums of $$$. This MLB plan, driven by owner billionaires will be an embarrassment to the game IMO.
    • #50THANNIVERSARY On this day in 1970 the Baltimore Orioles defeated the Cleveland Indians 8-2 in front of 38,180 fans at Cleveland Stadium on Opening Day. Dave McNally stuck out 13 in a complete game effort.  He scattered four hits while walking just three. Frank Robinson went 2 for 4 with 2 runs scored and hit his first homerun of the year in the 9th inning. Davey Johnson went 2 for 4 with 3 RBI to help pace the Baltimore offense.   BOX SCORE  
  • Popular Contributors