Jump to content
weams

DL Hall 2019

Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Perfect qame watch

No perfecto 😔

But 4 IP, 8 K’s. No hits and 1 walk. 59 pitches 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First hits and first run.

5 IP, 1 ER, 2 hits, 9 K’s, 1 BB. 74 pitches (48 strikes).

We’ll see if he comes back out for the 6th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Assuming he’s done...

6 IP, 3 hits, 1 ER, 2 BB, 10 K’s. 92 pitches (57 strikes)

Season ERA: 3.36

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent outing.   I’m glad he kept the walks down and, not coincidentally, lasted 6 innings.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like Rodriguez, he hasn't pitched enough innings to qualify but his ERA of 3.36 would place him third in the league. He's first in the league in strikeouts with 111. Maybe he can really take off next year in AA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d like to see him get a promotion at some point just to pitch in Bowie’s postseason run. I know there are factors like IP limits, but even as a reliever late in the year. 

There’s something special going on with Bowie and they also have 3 LH SP that Hall could see work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, orioles22 said:

Like Rodriguez, he hasn't pitched enough innings to qualify but his ERA of 3.36 would place him third in the league. He's first in the league in strikeouts with 111. Maybe he can really take off next year in AA.

It's absurd that he can't qualify for the ERA race but still leads in strikeouts.  That's awesome.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

It's absurd that he can't qualify for the ERA race but still leads in strikeouts.  That's awesome.

He leads by a pretty wide margin, too.   111 strikeouts in 75 innings.   Next is 100 strikeouts in 105 innings.  

Unfortunately, he’s also 3rd in walks, with 51 (53 leads the league).

The whole “not qualifying” thing can be a bit misleading.   Hall is 24th in IP, in a 10 team league.   Not many pitchers qualify.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

He leads by a pretty wide margin, too.   111 strikeouts in 75 innings.   Next is 100 strikeouts in 105 innings.  

Unfortunately, he’s also 3rd in walks, with 51 (53 leads the league).

The whole “not qualifying” thing can be a bit misleading.   Hall is 24th in IP, in a 10 team league.   Not many pitchers qualify.

That's pretty crazy, since Mountcastle qualified for the batting title, playing just half a season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

That's pretty crazy, since Mountcastle qualified for the batting title, playing just half a season.

The minors use .8 innings per game as their qualifying standard. The Keys have played 108 games, so it would take 87 innings to qualify.  There are 18 pitchers in the league who meet that threshold.    Remember, a lot of pitchers don’t stay in one league all year, either.   Michael Baumann has thrown 92.2 innings, but it’s split between Frederick and Bowie so he won’t qualify in either league.    Right now, Brenan Hanifee is the only Frederick pitcher who qualifies.   Cameron Bishop is close and might qualify.    Neither of them is winning the ERA title.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, despite not qualifying, I’d say Hall would be in the running for Carolina League pitcher of the year, and might be ranked as the top pitching prospect in the league.   He’s the youngest pitcher in the league, leads in strikeouts, leads starters in K/9, and of the 24 pitchers who’ve thrown at least 75 innings, he ranks 6th in ERA.  Hopefully he finishes the year strong and makes his case.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does Hall go to Bowie soon or at any point this year? Any chance he skips Norfolk goes straight to the Show from Bowie some point next year? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jrobb21613 said:

Does Hall go to Bowie soon or at any point this year? Any chance he skips Norfolk goes straight to the Show from Bowie some point next year? 

Patience.    

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats







×
×
  • Create New...