Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Luke-OH

Ryan McKenna 2019

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

Interesting aside about McKenna’s age: Mountcastle is four days older than McKenna. 

And Cadyn Grenier is older than both of them.

 

Woot, got my Grenier dig in for the week already.

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McKenna with two doubles and a walk tonight in his first four plate appearances. Line sits and .231/.321/.368.

He has had a miserable August, with a .565 OPS coming into tonight, following his best month of the season, an .822 OPS July.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

McKenna with two doubles and a walk tonight in his first four plate appearances. Line sits and .231/.321/.368.

He has had a miserable August, with a .565 OPS coming into tonight, following his best month of the season, an .822 OPS July.

He's looked miserable at the plate the last week or so, bad body language, poor confidence. It looks like he needs the offseason to get himself together. The ability is there, I mean, he still lashes the balls at times and the defensive ability is strong. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

He's looked miserable at the plate the last week or so, bad body language, poor confidence. It looks like he needs the offseason to get himself together. The ability is there, I mean, he still lashes the balls at times and the defensive ability is strong. 

Hopefully he gets his head right and has a good year at Norfolk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Hopefully he gets his head right and has a good year at Norfolk. 

Is he even a lock to be promoted?  Master the level and all that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Is he even a lock to be promoted?  Master the level and all that.

No. He's no lock to be promoted.  I'd call it 50/50.  Mullins and Diaz figure to be in Norfolk.  Non prospects figure to man at least 2/3 of the Bowie outfield.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

No. He's no lock to be promoted.  I'd call it 50/50.  Mullins and Diaz figure to be in Norfolk.  Non prospects figure to man at least 2/3 of the Bowie outfield.

Yes, he is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Is he even a lock to be promoted?  Master the level and all that.

Not a lock but I think he has done enough. Not sure Bannon mastered the level and he has really stepped up at AAA. The offensive requirements are lower in center field.

He has added two more singles tonight, his first four hit game of the season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Is he even a lock to be promoted?  Master the level and all that.

You must have an Olympic Gold Medal for dead horse flogging!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just think you’re taking too strict an interpretation of what Elias said.  Each prospect is different and may need to be handled differently.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, NCRaven said:

Just think you’re taking too strict an interpretation of what Elias said.  Each prospect is different and may need to be handled differently.

I'm responding to other posters taking it too seriously.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats







×
×
  • Create New...