Sign in to follow this  
Luke-OH

Ryan McKenna 2019

I always catch grief for bringing this up, but outside of two months at Frederick McKenna has never hit. He’s hit .688 in 170 games at AA. He’s still young for the league, so there’s no reason to jump him to AAA. 

21 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

I always catch grief for bringing this up, but outside of two months at Frederick McKenna has never hit.

You probably catch grief for that because it isn't accurate. It was more like four months in 2018 between Frederick and Bowie, his OPS by month was .844, 1.056, .969 and .775. His second half of the season in 2017 at Delmarva was also solid. His OPS in July and August was .824 and .837.

He also had the third highest OPS in the league last year in the Arizona Fall League.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

You probably catch grief for that because it isn't accurate. It was more like four months in 2018 between Frederick and Bowie, his OPS by month was .844, 1.056, .969 and .775. His second half of the season in 2017 at Delmarva was also solid. His OPS in July and August was .824 and .837

He also had the third highest OPS in the league last year in the Arizona Fall League.

Baloney. 67 games in Frederick is his calling card. The 17 in Arizona aren’t worth counting and I believe are not counted by Baseball ref. And they are 17 games. I’m sure you can string together three weekends spread across two months and squint real hard and confuse yourself.  The guy’s performance this year is pretty much par for his career. 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Ohfan67 said:

Baloney. 67 games in Frederick is his calling card. The 17 in Arizona aren’t worth counting and I believe are not counted by Baseball ref. And they are 17 games. I’m sure you can string together three weekends spread across two months and squint real hard and confuse yourself.  The guy’s performance this year is pretty much par for his career. 

Takes less than 10 seconds to fact check that.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/player.fcgi?id=mckenn001rya

2 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

You are the one that brought up months. I just gave you numbers for other months. If you want to dismiss that, it is on you.

44 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

Please be a promotion and not an injury

Unfortunately, I’d be shocked if that was the case.

On 8/11/2019 at 2:00 PM, DirtyBird said:

McKenna was pinch hit for in the 4th inning today.

On 8/11/2019 at 3:42 PM, orioles22 said:

It seems like he left midgame earlier in the week. He may have some lingering issue.

McKenna non-chalanted a ball in Sunday's game while playing left that allowed a runner to tag from 2nd and 3rd. Then yesterday, he did something similar and it allowed a runner to score from first base on a ball into LC that should not have scored the runner. I'm going to say this benching was a "teaching moment" for a young player. He's physically fine.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

McKenna non-chalanted a ball in Sunday's game while playing left that allowed a runner to tag from 2nd and 3rd. Then yesterday, he did something similar and it allowed a runner to score from first base on a ball into LC that should not have scored the runner. I'm going to say this benching was a "teaching moment" for a young player. He's physically fine.

Glad to hear he isn't hurt. Too bad the Orioles don't have the depth to do the same with Santander when he slacks off defensively.

1 hour ago, MurphDogg said:

Glad to hear he isn't hurt. Too bad the Orioles don't have the depth to do the same with Santander when he slacks off defensively.

My friend who is a scout thinks Satander might have some slight injury.He was DHing a few games back for a few games. Since they have put him back in the outfield, he does not seem the same.

I was curious what he's been doing lately so I decided to look up his splits. In the last 28 days, McKenna has:

24 games
85 PAs
71 ABs
13 BBs
21 Ks
3 stolen bases
3 caught stealing
9 hits
.127 BA
.262 OBP
.389 OPS
9 total bases

I hope the injury rumor was right. He's hit a wall.

10 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

I was curious what he's been doing lately so I decided to look up his splits. In the last 28 days, McKenna has:

24 games
85 PAs
71 ABs
13 BBs
21 Ks
3 stolen bases
3 caught stealing
9 hits
.127 BA
.262 OBP
.389 OPS
9 total bases

I hope the injury rumor was right. He's hit a wall.

85 PA is a long time to go without an extra base hit.    He did go 2 for 4 yesterday, so let’s hope he’s snapping out of it.