Sign in to follow this  
Frobby

Attendance 2019

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

The O’s drew 172,327 fans in home games 21-30, compared to 222,861 last year.    Through 30 home games:

2016: 707,151 (32.5% of full season)

2017: 842,541 (41.5% of full year attendance)

2018: 594,416 (38.0% of full year attendance)

2019: 470,343

If current attendance is 32.5% of total, that projects to 1.447 mm.   At 38.0% it projects to 1.238 mm.   At 41.5% it projects to 1.134 mm.   I think the middle figure is probably the best bet.    

Be interesting to see what they draw against the almost as bad Blow Jays.Two promotions during the week but not sure what boost it will be.Red Sox series should boost attendance a lityle.Red Sox not exactly playing that great again. Offense is sluggish with Martinez out.Three promotions this weekend.That fedora hat is amazing.😀.If they dont get around 80,000 or more this weekend, might be a real low attendance year.

o

3-Game Set vs. RED SOX ))))))) (June 14th, 15th, and 16th)

19,383 )l) (42% Full)

30,050 )l) (65% Full)

27,964 )l) (61% Full)

TOTAL lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll  77,397

3-GAME AVERAGElllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 25,799

o

On 6/2/2019 at 9:42 PM, TonySoprano said:

The record is identical with this point last year. At home, the Orioles are 1-8-1 in 10 series, for an 8-23 mark.   In short, if you go to a home game, you have a 2 out of 3 chance of watching a loss, same as 2018.

I've been to 1 game this year.  The 3-0 win against Tampa. How crazy is that

1 hour ago, orpheus100 said:

I don't think the attendance has been as bad as it could be.

I can agree with that.  Some folks appear to be willing to watch rebuilding baseball now that it appears we have some sort of positive direction.  Summer with school being out should also be a boost to attendance.  The GoT theme night being sold out definitely helped, and the Jimmy Buffet thing looked like it brought some positive numbers as well.  But not every night can be theme night, and the giveaways aside from theme nights have gone back to being underwhelming after a few good years of giveaways.  

That’s the best weekend since opening weekend if I’m not mistaken.   Still not that strong, but better than it’s been.   

o

2-Game Set vs. PADRES ))))))) (June 25th and 26th)

21,644 )l) (47% Full)

13,408 )l) (29% Full)

TOTAL lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll  35,052

2-GAME AVERAGElllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 17,526

o

o

3-Game Set vs. INDIANS ))))))) (June 28th, 29th, and 30th)

21,248 )l) (46% Full)

26,998 )l) (59% Full)

20,048 )l) (44% Full)

TOTAL lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll  68,294

3-GAME AVERAGElllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 22,765

o

Still 28th in the majors in attendance but getting closer to Pirates,Royals and Tigers. Next homestand  has Hawaiian Shirt and Brooks Robinson Bobblehead. and Hot Dog Race T-shirt. Play Washington and then  Red Sox on the weekend. Might catch one or two teams. Hawaiian Shirt is an elite game so you pay more for a supposed free giveaway. The other games against Tampa are $60.00 for some  Field Box but $102.00 for the giveaway.  Some Terrace Box are $40.00 but for giveaway are $73.00. Some Upper Box are $27.00 but for giveaway are $42.00. Bleachers are $20.00 but for giveaway $35.00. Standing Room and Upper Reserved stay at $15.00. 

So not really a freebie in the sense in almost ever section you pay more then the other weekend games against the Rays.

Promotions

• Thanks 1

The O’s drew 189,275 fans in home games 31-40, their best ten game stretch of the year so far.    That brought the 40-game total to 659,618.   That compares to 811,109 at the same point last season, which was 51.9% of the season total.    If we follow the same pattern this year, that would peg final attendance at about 1.27 mm.

This next ten game stretch (we’ve actually played 2 of those games already) figures to be pretty strong with mostly weekend games (the last 2 against Cleveland, a 4 gamer vs. Tampa that includes Hawaiian shirt night, and the first two of a series with Boston), and the two weeknight games are against the Nats.   I’ll be pretty surprised if that isn’t our strongest 10 game stretch of 2019.   

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

The O’s drew 189,275 fans in home games 31-40, their best ten game stretch of the year so far.    That brought the 40-game total to 659,618.   That compares to 811,109 at the same point last season, which was 51.9% of the season total.    If we follow the same pattern this year, that would peg final attendance at about 1.27 mm.

This next ten game stretch (we’ve actually played 2 of those games already) figures to be pretty strong with mostly weekend games (the last 2 against Cleveland, a 4 gamer vs. Tampa that includes Hawaiian shirt night, and the first two of a series with Boston), and the two weeknight games are against the Nats.   I’ll be pretty surprised if that isn’t our strongest 10 game stretch of 2019.   

The team really chose a good week to go on the road last week. With storms just about every day, attendance would've been abysmal no matter the teams or promotion.

o

4-Game Set vs. DEVIL RAYS ))))))) (July 12th, 13th (Day), 13th (Night), and 14th)

22,422 )l) (49% Full)

22,596 )l) (49% Full) *

24,810 )l) (54% Full) *

14,082 )l) (31% Full)

TOTAL lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll  83,910

4-GAME AVERAGElllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 20,978

* )) Day-Night Doubleheader

o

I was at the game on Saturday afternoon.  I know the announced attendance was in excess of 22,000, but it sure didn't look like anywhere near half the seats were full.

Perhaps the official attendance included not only those sold after the make-up date of July 13 was announced but also all the tickets sold in advance for the original date of May 5, even though many of those may have been exchanged as rain checks for tickets to other games.