Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Frobby

Attendance 2019

Recommended Posts

Just thought I would mention this. I received an Orioles email a couple of days ago. Questions about being a Birdland member. 

Couple of questions I thought were interesting were about game times. 

They asked separately for each month of April, May and September game times for Saturday games and your preference of 1, 4 or 7pm. 

They also asked for game time preference for Mon-Th games for those months and I think the times were 6,630 or 7. 

I know others on here have Birdland plans and they may remember more.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Just thought I would mention this. I received an Orioles email a couple of days ago. Questions about being a Birdland member. 

Couple of questions I thought were interesting were about game times. 

They asked separately for each month of April, May and September game times for Saturday games and your preference of 1, 4 or 7pm. 

They also asked for game time preference for Mon-Th games for those months and I think the times were 6,630 or 7. 

I know others on here have Birdland plans and they may remember more.  

Until I read this I wasn't going to bother with the survey. I strongly feel that April, May, and September Saturday games should be at 1 or 4. Especially in April.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Until I read this I wasn't going to bother with the survey. I strongly feel that April, May, and September Saturday games should be at 1 or 4. Especially in April.

There were other questions of course. Did not take very long.

I answered 4 for April games. I don’t mind the later starts in September. May I could go either way.  

For years FOX has had a big impact on Saturday game times. FS1 games do not have exclusivity like Fox games do.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, eddie83 said:

There were other questions of course. Did not take very long.

I answered 4 for April games. I don’t mind the later starts in September. May I could go either way.  

For years FOX has had a big impact on Saturday game times. FS1 games do not have exclusivity like Fox games do.  

I just think baseball should be played in the day time if possible. Grow the game and make it easier for kids to be able to attend entire games. I think Saturday summer games should potentially be an hour earlier too.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

I just think baseball should be played in the day time if possible. Grow the game and make it easier for kids to be able to attend entire games. I think Saturday summer games should potentially be an hour earlier too.

But in July and August and some of June ,people on the first base side would be in the sun for almost the whole game if it started at 6.I think day games are good for the other months.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

I just think baseball should be played in the day time if possible. Grow the game and make it easier for kids to be able to attend entire games. I think Saturday summer games should potentially be an hour earlier too.

I don’t think 6 is a bad idea for Saturday games. I think they did that in the mid 90’s a little. 

I am all for it in April. Colder weather. When FOX has its games in late spring/summer on prime time that dictates a lot of the Saturday game times. They were pretty much 4pm starts in May/June  I just read that FOX is only showing one Saturday game in September, the last week of year. They are though showing 2 Thursday games the weeks before.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

I just think baseball should be played in the day time if possible. Grow the game and make it easier for kids to be able to attend entire games. I think Saturday summer games should potentially be an hour earlier too.

I like the idea of weekend day games, so it's easier for kids to go.  Then I remember that the Orioles play in Baltimore, Maryland, where an average summer day at 2pm is 97 degrees with 144% humidity and most of the seats at OPACY are uncovered.  I've had Sunday day games when my kids were younger where the usher let us sit up next to the press box in the shade because we were about 12 minutes from catching on fire in the direct sun.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

But in July and August and some of June ,people on the first base side would be in the sun for almost the whole game if it started at 6.I think day games are good for the other months.

Hire a Zeppelin to hover over the stadium and block the sun.  It can move with the sun as the day progresses.  Plus they could sell Zeppelin Seats for only $350 each.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Hire a Zeppelin to hover over the stadium and block the sun.  It can move with the sun as the day progresses.  Plus they could sell Zeppelin Seats for only $350 each.

Jimmy Page approves

365bf626b91d5035eca009adff485102.jpg

Robert Plant isn't as sure
Robert-Plant-Immigrant-Song-Led-Zeppelin

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I like the idea of weekend day games, so it's easier for kids to go.  Then I remember that the Orioles play in Baltimore, Maryland, where an average summer day at 2pm is 97 degrees with 144% humidity and most of the seats at OPACY are uncovered.  I've had Sunday day games when my kids were younger where the usher let us sit up next to the press box in the shade because we were about 12 minutes from catching on fire in the direct sun.

Yeah, I do not go on Sunday afternoons. I think that people with the Sunday plans are maniacs!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I like the idea of weekend day games, so it's easier for kids to go.  Then I remember that the Orioles play in Baltimore, Maryland, where an average summer day at 2pm is 97 degrees with 144% humidity and most of the seats at OPACY are uncovered.  I've had Sunday day games when my kids were younger where the usher let us sit up next to the press box in the shade because we were about 12 minutes from catching on fire in the direct sun.

Spontaneous combustion might boost attendance. Maybe grill hot dogs from the person sitting next to you.Not just an Oriole fan but also a grill.Bring new meaning to the term the fans are fired up.New promotional days.The hottest ticket in town.This player is on fire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MurphDogg said:

Yeah, I do not go on Sunday afternoons. I think that people with the Sunday plans are maniacs!

I was an Oriole Sundsy plan holder for 14 or so years.I approve your message. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

I was an Oriole Sundsy plan holder for 14 or so years.I approve your message. 

I had them for a few years.    Only have them up because I joined a season ticket group that had much better seats.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

 

Hire a Zeppelin to hover over the stadium, and block the sun. It can move with the sun as the day progresses. Plus, they could sell Zeppelin Seats for only $350 each.

 

o

 

Paul Richards would have loved that ........

 

The reason why Memorial Stadium had the home dugout on the 3rd base side of the stadium was because Paul Richards did not want to sit in the sun for all of the day games.

They switched sides in between the 1954 and 1955 seasons (when Richards took over for Jimmy Dykes), and it stayed that way until the Orioles opened their new stadium in 1992.

 

o

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






  • Posts

    • Just talking about the general trend that analytic teams realize that arms are more risky, so they're ranking gets slightly dinged to compensate for that. He also didn't pick a pitcher until the 8th round last year. Things like on base skills are harder to mold using modern training, places like driveline are much more effective for pitchers.
    • I guess so.  If they want to have Mize paired with Lacy/Hancock, it's hard to argue with.  Tork does seem to be the consensus #1 pick though.  I am curious when the last time there was a player previously thought to be the consensus #1 pick who didn't go first overall.   
    • Saw a mock draft with us taking Martin and left drafting pitcher Nick Swiney at 30 https://prospects365.com/2020/05/25/ray-butlers-2020-mlb-mock-draft/
    • The Frobster beat me to posting the Melewski interview by 13 minutes.   The article mentions the Os in on quality international prospects that we knew about including Samuel Basallo and Maikol Hernandez and one that I am not sure I have seen mentioned with the Os here - Wilmer Feliciano who will get a signing bonus just under $500k and has big left-handed power.  A reminder that none of these guys are signed, just apparently committed or agreed to the Os until they are signed. It seems like a very strong group of elite prospects given how late our current FO was to the game of signing this upcoming J2 class.   The payoff from these guys is likely years away, but I think there is a chance last year's class and this year's class should start impacting our top 30 prospects entering 2021.  How optimistic is it to think predict our next international signing to reach our top 10 would be by 2022?  
    • Don’t have a subscription, but here’s an interview the author, Ben Badler, gave to Steve Melewski.   https://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2020/06/baseball-americas-ben-badler-on-os-international-effort-video.html At the end of the video, Badler speculates that the next CBA will create an international draft.   He thinks the players will posture about and then “maybe they’ll trade it for a few extra inches of legroom on the bus.”    LOL!    
    • Bad quality vid but its the only one that I found that shows Frohwirth's side of it. Back in that era Martinez grabs some pine 9 out of 10 times with that pitch.
  • Popular Contributors

×
×
  • Create New...