Sign in to follow this  
Frobby

Attendance 2019

5 minutes ago, DrungoHazewood said:

I like the idea of weekend day games, so it's easier for kids to go.  Then I remember that the Orioles play in Baltimore, Maryland, where an average summer day at 2pm is 97 degrees with 144% humidity and most of the seats at OPACY are uncovered.  I've had Sunday day games when my kids were younger where the usher let us sit up next to the press box in the shade because we were about 12 minutes from catching on fire in the direct sun.

Spontaneous combustion might boost attendance. Maybe grill hot dogs from the person sitting next to you.Not just an Oriole fan but also a grill.Bring new meaning to the term the fans are fired up.New promotional days.The hottest ticket in town.This player is on fire.

1 minute ago, MurphDogg said:

Yeah, I do not go on Sunday afternoons. I think that people with the Sunday plans are maniacs!

I was an Oriole Sundsy plan holder for 14 or so years.I approve your message. 

9 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

I was an Oriole Sundsy plan holder for 14 or so years.I approve your message. 

I had them for a few years.    Only have them up because I joined a season ticket group that had much better seats.   

1 hour ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Hire a Zeppelin to hover over the stadium, and block the sun. It can move with the sun as the day progresses. Plus, they could sell Zeppelin Seats for only $350 each.

o

Paul Richards would have loved that ........

The reason why Memorial Stadium had the home dugout on the 3rd base side of the stadium was because Paul Richards did not want to sit in the sun for all of the day games.

They switched sides in between the 1954 and 1955 seasons (when Richards took over for Jimmy Dykes), and it stayed that way until the Orioles opened their new stadium in 1992.

o

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, fansince1988 said:

I'd like to see every Saturday game start at 1 or 4.

I’m with Drungo - it’s awfully hot in June/July/August for that, especially the 1:00 games.    I went to a 4:00 game a few weeks ago and it was still awfully hot until the sun sunk behind the upper deck and we finally got some shade.    As an out of towner, one thing I do like about the 4:00 games is you can go to Little Italy or Fells Point afterwards and still get home at a reasonable time. 

Thought it was interesting to look at the Nats attendance vs the Braves. 

Mon-Wed series but vs their rival who is in 1st and the Nats being a playoff contender.  

Mon 24,292

Tues 26,566

Wed  31,576. I know they said yesterday it was camp day at the park.  

Just thought it would give some context to the whole attendance topic. The Nats did not exactly pack the house this week.  

o

4-Game Set vs. BLUE JAYS ))))))) (August 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th)

ll19,716 )l) (21% Full)

ll16,331 )l) (36% Full)

ll12,951 )l) (28% Full)

ll18,831 )l) (41% Full)

TOTAL lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll  57,829

4-GAME AVERAGElllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 14,457 

o

950,306, 26 home dates remaining.  The first two Yankee games should put the O's over 1M.    After this homestand,  KC and TB are left in August, which shouldn't draw well.  Labor Day with the kids are back in school, leaves TEX, TOR and SEA, 3 teams going nowhere.  The Dodgers series should do better than the rest on the September slate.  My guesstimate puts the team in the ballpark of last year's 1.56M.

17 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

950,306, 26 home dates remaining.  The first two Yankee games should put the O's over 1M.    After this homestand,  KC and TB are left in August, which shouldn't draw well.  Labor Day with the kids are back in school, leaves TEX, TOR and SEA, 3 teams going nowhere.  The Dodgers series should do better than the rest on the September slate.  My guesstimate puts the team in the ballpark of last year's 1.56M.

Lower.   

12 hours ago, Frobby said:

Lower.   

They're on pace to draw 1.425M.  Still lower?   2018 attendance went down nearly 1/2 million alone.

6 games with NY and HOU my guess is 130+K.  We'll see

14 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

They're on pace to draw 1.425M.  Still lower?   2018 attendance went down nearly 1/2 million alone.

6 games with NY and HOU my guess is 130+K.  We'll see

Based on trends the last three years, I’d guess slightly under 1.425 mm.   We do have a few attractive series left, but the overall trend is attendance/game over the final third of the season tends to lag the first two thirds by a little bit.   I doubt that will change with the O’s this far out of the race.    Right now they are 155,000 below the same point last year.    I’d guess they’ll end up between 1.35-1.40 mm.

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

Based on trends the last three years, I’d guess slightly under 1.425 mm.   We do have a few attractive series left, but the overall trend is attendance/game over the final third of the season tends to lag the first two thirds by a little bit.   I doubt that will change with the O’s this far out of the race.    Right now they are 155,000 below the same point last year.    I’d guess they’ll end up between 1.35-1.40 mm.

I was figuring between 1.4 and 1.5 which puts them close to last year.  Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong.

1 minute ago, TonySoprano said:

I was figuring between 1.4 and 1.5 which puts them close to last year.  Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong.

By the way, it will be interesting to see how the Yankees draw this week.    They came through on a weekday series last July and never reached 23,000 for any of the games, including a single admission DH.