Sign in to follow this  
Frobby

Attendance 2019

o

3-Game Set vs. ROYALS ))))))) (August 19th, 20th, and 21st)

ll11,659 )l) (25% Full)

ll11,826 )l) (26% Full)

ll19,872 )l) (21% Full)

TOTAL lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll  33,357

3-GAME AVERAGElllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 11,119 

o

Wow, that’s terrible.    Surprised tonight’s crowd was so bad, Wednesday is usually better than Monday/Tuesday.    

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Wow, that’s terrible.    Surprised tonight’s crowd was so bad, Wednesday is usually better than Monday/Tuesday.    

Maybe the casual fan doesn't realize the importance of what is at stake between these two teams.  O's should have hyped up the battle for the second overall pick.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

3-Game Set vs. ROYALS ))))))) (August 19th, 20th, and 21st)

ll11,659 )l) (25% Full)

ll11,826 )l) (26% Full)

ll19,872 )l) (21% Full)

TOTAL lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll  33,357

3-GAME AVERAGElllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 11,119 

o

o

Racing ........ but he's the only one in the race.

All alone up there, and ........ he got it.

o

• Like 1

Season ticket holder here. Been such since well before they started winning again. I've only been to a few games this year. Been selling them. I don't want to watch an awful product, especially one that doesn't have much on the major league roster that will be on the club when it starts winning again.

This club has *1* starting pitcher that is under 30 that is pitching well (John Means).

It has *1* relief pitcher under 30 that is pitching well (Hunter Harvey). Come to think of it, Hunter Harvey actually might be the only active reliever with an ERA under 4.

The thing is, I can watch a club that has some young, exciting talent and/or 1 particular facet (defense, offense, pitching) that is solid. But this club has absolutely nothing going for it as far as any specific vertical. They can't hit. They can't field. They don't run. They can't pitch (relief or start).

They're allowing over 6 runs a game.

They're barely scoring 4 runs a game.

Hyde doesn't particular instill any confidence in me during games nor in post game pressers. He's a warm body to me.

I mean, the only thing exciting to me this year is them potentially getting the first overall pick again next year. And that we have Elias and Sig running the ship. They're doing it right, but I don't blame people for not wanting to watch this disaster.

18 hours ago, dmvsports410 said:

Terrible attendance. I remember going to a cubs game when they stunk, and fans still showed up. I went to five games so far this season. 

There are 9.5 mm people in the Chicago metro area.    Even with two teams, that’s a lot.    You’re right, though, that they have a very loyal fan base.    The White Sox, on the other hand, are looking at their third straight year of attendance under 1.7 mm.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/10/2019 at 5:25 AM, Frobby said:

Final home game, maybe?    But probably not.    Looking at last year, they drew 32 k against the Yankees on a Saturday in late August, and never passed 30 k again.    They only topped 30 k six times last year, and four times so far this season.    

In 2014, they averaged 30 k a game.    This year they’re at about 17 k.

They have only been above 30,000 fans against the Yankees and Red Sox. Only been above 25,000 twice other then the Yankees and Red Sox. Imagine  the attendance if they only played the Yankees and Red Sox for only six games.

11 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

11,409 on a beautiful Saturday night,  ,best of the season. Friend says maybe 8,000 in the park.Got to be one of the lowest Saturday night crowd at Camden Yards.

I’m here.   Definitely the lowest I’ve seen, by a lot.   Great game, too.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2