Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Frobby

Attendance 2019

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Over /Under tonight? 13,000?.You too can win fabulous prizes.Under for me.

I am going under.  Kids are back in school.  Could rain. Plenty of excuses available not to see a bad team play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

The team sucks this year, so why take the time and money to watch them.

I get it, I havent gone as much as I typically do.

The point I was trying to make was about the game being littered with players making excessive salaries for playing terrible baseball. Most of them would not even be in the game if the contracts were not guaranteed. 

This does pertain to the O's, but attendance is down all across the board. There's more to the story but this is at least part of the story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2019 at 8:22 AM, Frobby said:

I previously guessed 1.35 - 1.40 mm, but the showing last week convinces me it will be lower.    I was pretty shocked how low the attendance was this weekend.  

1,144,220 with 13 home games remaining:

TEX 4 games on a Thurs. - Sun.

LAD 3 games on a Tues. - Thurs.

TOR 3 games on a Tues. - Thurs.

SEA 3 games on a Fri. - Sun.

They would need to average 15,829 the rest of the way to reach 1.35 mm.   They’d need to average 11,983 to reach 1.30 mm.   I think they’ll manage the latter but not the former.

 

They now need to average 13,000 a game or so to get a little over 1.3 million. Sunday is the last Dugout Club game,so maybe get a little attendance boost. I don't see another 20,000 or over game  for the season. So looks like about a little over a 250,000 drop in attendance from last year. Also two less home games because of rainouts last year. I don;t think attendance can go much lower because of 19 Yankee and Red Sox home games. Without those games the Orioles  would have similar numbers to the Rays attendance. A few other teams will have bigger drops then the Orioles for this year. Giants and Jays. A few similar drops including the Nationals and Tigers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

They now need to average 13,000 a game or so to get a little over 1.3 million. Sunday is the last Dugout Club game,so maybe get a little attendance boost. I don't see another 20,000 or over game  for the season. So looks like about a little over a 250,000 drop in attendance from last year. Also two less home games because of rainouts last year. I don;t think attendance can go much lower because of 19 Yankee and Red Sox home games. Without those games the Orioles  would have similar numbers to the Rays attendance. A few other teams will have bigger drops then the Orioles for this year. Giants and Jays. A few similar drops including the Nationals and Tigers. 

Tampa, I am sure gets boost from Yankee and Red Sox games as well. I think attendance can definitely go down last year. Also I am sure actual attendance is much lower than paid attendance.  

I would think 1 million fans is quite possible next year if no improvements are made in off-season.  No need to even get season tickets for opening day as there were plenty of tickets available this year for opening day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, atomic said:

Tampa, I am sure gets boost from Yankee and Red Sox games as well. I think attendance can definitely go down last year. Also I am sure actual attendance is much lower than paid attendance.  

I would think 1 million fans is quite possible next year if no improvements are made in off-season.  No need to even get season tickets for opening day as there were plenty of tickets available this year for opening day. 

Be the lowest average per game attendance since 1978 in Baltimore..Would definitely be the lowest attendance ever at Camden Yards. Never have averaged below 20,000 a game at Csmden Yards. Will not be even close to that this year  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Going Underground said:

11,796 for the Saturday Ranger game. We got to eleven.

Whine - er - wine wine wine!  🍇

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

16,142 on a Sunday. Should be one of the bigger crowds left in the season.Last Dugout Club of the year.Paid of course.

Do the dugout club seats count as paid? Did it look like 16k?  Cant imagine too many watching the game with Ravens playing at the same time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, atomic said:

Do the dugout club seats count as paid? Did it look like 16k?  Cant imagine too many watching the game with Ravens playing at the same time.

Plenty of people don’t give a damn about football.   

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Frobby said:

Plenty of people don’t give a damn about football.   

Evidently not in New England.

 

What a sad little twitter post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Plenty of people don’t give a damn about football.   

Yeah but those people dont watch baseball either.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats







×
×
  • Create New...