RVAOsFan

Ryan Mountcastle 2019

23 minutes ago, birdwatcher55 said:

I think Ryan is going to get the Vlad  Jr. Treatment.

Delay his service clock? Probably. He hasn't played much OF in Norfolk. 

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

He's no Vlad jr.

True.  But, he’s the closest thing we’ve got given that Rutschman is still in Delmarva.  And he’s only 22.  A year of service time is huge for a premium bat at that age.

4 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

True.  But, he’s the closest thing we’ve got given that Rutschman is still in Delmarva.  And he’s only 22.  A year of service time is huge for a premium bat at that age.

The bar for service time manipulation is pretty high.  Mountcastle isn't even a consensus top75 guy.

My only point for now is that he could’ve a free agent at age 29.  He’s not Vlad, but he’s the only guy we’ve got that I think it’s worth thinking about.  I’m not even worried about Rutschman all that much since he’s a catcher and they tend to wear down quicker.

1 hour ago, Pheasants said:

I could see him matching Vlad Jr.'s rookie average ane power.

Let's see where he ends up.. After a slow start Vlad has been on fire.

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Let's see where he ends up.. After a slow start Vlad has been on fire.

Pretty good slash line, was expecting more homers.  I think it'd be interesting if everyone whiffed on Vlad Jr and Bo Bichette turned out to be the bigger threat.  

Anyway, if Mountcastle could replicate what Vlad Jr is doing I think we'd all be very happy.  But he's not on that level as a prospect.

16 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Pretty good slash line, was expecting more homers.  I think it'd be interesting if everyone whiffed on Vlad Jr and Bo Bichette turned out to be the bigger threat.  

Anyway, if Mountcastle could replicate what Vlad Jr is doing I think we'd all be very happy.  But he's not on that level as a prospect.

I don't think very many people were sleeping on Boba Fett (that needs to be his nickname).  In the realm of baseball being baseball it wouldn't be shocking if he ends up with the more valuable career.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Big night for Ryan.  1-3 with a BB, his 23rd of the year.   3 more and he will tie his carer high of 26 set just last year 😝

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, connja said:

Big night for Ryan.  1-3 with a BB, his 23rd of the year.   3 more and he will tie his carer high of 26 set just last year 😝

His walk rate essentially tripled in August. I am not sure if that’s because they are pitching around him now, or if it is a concerted effort by him. Either way, it’s a great development.

11 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

His walk rate essentially tripled in August. I am not sure if that’s because they are pitching around him now, or if it is a concerted effort by him. Either way, it’s a great development.

Buck's public message finally got through to him

5 hours ago, LookinUp said:

Well, if they're pitching around him then at least he's not chasing out of the zone.  Good to see, for sure.