Jump to content
RVAOsFan

Ryan Mountcastle 2019

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, birdwatcher55 said:

I think Ryan is going to get the Vlad  Jr. Treatment.

Delay his service clock? Probably. He hasn't played much OF in Norfolk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

He's no Vlad jr.

True.  But, he’s the closest thing we’ve got given that Rutschman is still in Delmarva.  And he’s only 22.  A year of service time is huge for a premium bat at that age.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

True.  But, he’s the closest thing we’ve got given that Rutschman is still in Delmarva.  And he’s only 22.  A year of service time is huge for a premium bat at that age.

The bar for service time manipulation is pretty high.  Mountcastle isn't even a consensus top75 guy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My only point for now is that he could’ve a free agent at age 29.  He’s not Vlad, but he’s the only guy we’ve got that I think it’s worth thinking about.  I’m not even worried about Rutschman all that much since he’s a catcher and they tend to wear down quicker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pheasants said:

I could see him matching Vlad Jr.'s rookie average ane power.

Let's see where he ends up.. After a slow start Vlad has been on fire.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Let's see where he ends up.. After a slow start Vlad has been on fire.

 

Pretty good slash line, was expecting more homers.  I think it'd be interesting if everyone whiffed on Vlad Jr and Bo Bichette turned out to be the bigger threat.  

Anyway, if Mountcastle could replicate what Vlad Jr is doing I think we'd all be very happy.  But he's not on that level as a prospect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Pretty good slash line, was expecting more homers.  I think it'd be interesting if everyone whiffed on Vlad Jr and Bo Bichette turned out to be the bigger threat.  

Anyway, if Mountcastle could replicate what Vlad Jr is doing I think we'd all be very happy.  But he's not on that level as a prospect.

I don't think very many people were sleeping on Boba Fett (that needs to be his nickname).  In the realm of baseball being baseball it wouldn't be shocking if he ends up with the more valuable career.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big night for Ryan.  1-3 with a BB, his 23rd of the year.   3 more and he will tie his carer high of 26 set just last year 😝

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, connja said:

Big night for Ryan.  1-3 with a BB, his 23rd of the year.   3 more and he will tie his carer high of 26 set just last year 😝

His walk rate essentially tripled in August. I am not sure if that’s because they are pitching around him now, or if it is a concerted effort by him. Either way, it’s a great development.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

His walk rate essentially tripled in August. I am not sure if that’s because they are pitching around him now, or if it is a concerted effort by him. Either way, it’s a great development.

Buck's public message finally got through to him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LookinUp said:

His walk rate essentially tripled in August. I am not sure if that’s because they are pitching around him now, or if it is a concerted effort by him. Either way, it’s a great development.

Well, if they're pitching around him then at least he's not chasing out of the zone.  Good to see, for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...