Sign in to follow this  
Frobby

The dinner time test

22 minutes ago, MongoBoy said:

The one that I would hear every now and again would be Buck Martinez.  I enjoyed listening to him when he was doing O's games.

Buck is a Blue Jay and should stay that way.

• Upvote 1

What is dinner is bland or just doesn't taste good? Does that affect your viewing decision? Maybe wash down some dry meatloaf with another O's whooping?

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Kinda like that new Kevin Brown guy.  Doesn't have Joe Angel's voice, but no one does.

His home run call on Smith's bomb yesterday was great!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

Im retiring next year and promised my self to get to more games, so hope we start showing signs for improvement by then.

Make sure to bring a bucket to the game. You could just casually stroll around and get 15-20 foul balls. 

Bunch of dang fair weather fans around here. I'm retired and I'm watching every game, even if we stink it up. 

I'm still giving Kevin Brown the benefit of the doubt. Some irritating things, describing the outfield dimensions of Camden Yards before the game and the color of the Oriole uniforms. Well, duh. Giving a bunch of the new stats when what I want to hear is the action on the field. Just a generic voice.

He seems to be working better with Dave Johnson, but I'm not sure if he knows that Johnson once pitched for the Orioles. lol. Does a good job of describing the action on the field. Still has a chance to get on my good side. 😀

18 minutes ago, Natty said:

Bunch of dang fair weather fans around here. I'm retired and I'm watching every game, even if we stink it up. 

You think this stinks? ;) 

I'm with you though...Im gonna follow even if it means learning the process.  I have zero expectations this year.  My goals and I consider these to be a stretch....are these.

1)  Make at least a very solid choice for #1 in June.

2)  Win 48+ games 

3)  Find 2 players who might help us down the road...via trade or by sticking around.

4)  Release Davis (edit to say this should really be Resolve Davis)

That's it.

12 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

We need Harry Doyle for this team, the way they are playing.

Can't tell you how many times I've thought of that scene since the start of last season!

For me this is the Jeopardy test.  My wife and I watch Jeopardy and then check to see if the games (Pirates or Orioles respectively) are worth watching.  Then it's a competitive thing as well.  The team doing better gets more attention.

2 minutes ago, JourneyFan said:

Can't tell you how many times I've thought of that scene since the start of last season!

Used to love the way Jon Miller would entertain us during the dark ages with things like his slow-motion radio replays.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, mdbdotcom said:

Used to love the way Jon Miller would entertain us during the dark ages with things like his slow-motion radio replays.

rain delays were very fun to listen to, and he would tell stories and do peer impersonations.

• Upvote 1