Frobby

DJ Stewart 2019

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

I can't remember the last time I had so much anticipation for something.

I cut it into about 1/6" slices and pan fried it and added some sauerkraut after I flipped it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Philip said:

Wouldn’t it better to send down Straily(if possible) or even Givens?

Can't send Straily.  I can never keep the rules straight with a case like Givens.  He might be able to refuse.

16 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I can't remember the last time I had so much anticipation for something.

It gets better when you’re older, I’m now able to get a prostate exam annually.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Cy Bundy said:

You can get those on the secondary market for a lot less money, but insurance won't cover it.

Imo the only way it should be Stewart is if they plan on keeping him long term even after Davis comes off the il and not shuttling him back in s handful days. 

If Davis comes off the il 10 days will Stewart be able to get enough playing time at bats here it make sense for us to keep him?

5 minutes ago, jrobb21613 said:

Imo the only way it should be Stewart is if they plan on keeping him long term even after Davis comes off the il and not shuttling him back in s handful days. 

If Davis comes off the il 10 days will Stewart be able to get enough playing time at bats here it make sense for us to keep him?

Why do you feel that way?

1 hour ago, Cy Bundy said:

I think I would rather just die.

1 hour ago, jrobb21613 said:

Maybe they know Davis will be gone a lot longer than 10 days.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Maybe they know Davis will be gone a lot longer than 10 days.

It's not like they don't have other guys they could potentially send down other than DJ when Davis returns. 

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Why do you feel that way?

I don’t like the idea or feel like it’s the right thing to do to a prospect you value to have him riding the shuttle back and forth. Now if they don’t feel like Stewart is going to be a impact player for the future than no big deal but if they do treat him with the respect he deserves and I don’t think shuttling a guy back and forth is right. Just my opinion and maybe not a big deal just kinda don’t seem right to me.

1 hour ago, atomic said:

I think I would rather just die.

These days, when you go through airport security, you get a prostate exam for free!

3 minutes ago, jrobb21613 said:

I don’t like the idea or feel like it’s the right thing to do to a prospect you value to have him riding the shuttle back and forth. Now if they don’t feel like Stewart is going to be a impact player for the future than no big deal but if they do treat him with the respect he deserves and I don’t think shuttling a guy back and forth is right. Just my opinion and maybe not a big deal just kinda don’t seem right to me.

I think Stewart would much rather take the shuttle back and forth than be riding the bus full time.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• Well that just reinforces that Houston does that which we can not do, and therefore is a poor example to follow. Don’t trade draft picks, do get active in the international market, draft big, sign kids, and trade in year four.
    • Actually, we want a sport that looks like baseball.
    • o   This was a great song, from March of 2009 ........            HOW 'BOUT DEM O'S ??? ))  *   If you've been holdin' out for more than 10 years now, just hopin' things'll get better ...... And if you're worried that you won't make it through another looooooong September ...... And if you don't know we can turn it around without Brooksie, 'Cakes, or Cal ...... Well we got Roberts, and Markakis ...... Adam Jones and Cesar Izturis ...... Come on Bawlmer ...... Come on Orioles ...... Come on Birds. We got Guthrie, Uehara ...... Aubrey Huff, Luke Scott, Melvin Mora ...... Come on Bawlmer ...... Come on Orioles ...... Come on Birds. How 'Bout Dem O's ??? How Dem Oooooooorioles ??? How 'Bout Dem O's ??? How Dem Oooooooorioles ??? We got Wiggy, Freel and Pie ...... Walker, Johnson, Chris Ray, and Flat Breezy ...... Come on Andy ...... Come on Trembley ...... Come on Birds. How 'Bout Dem O's ??? How Dem Oooooooorioles ??? How 'Bout Dem O's ??? How Dem Oooooooorioles ??? We got Wieters, and Rich Hill and, Arrieta, and Matusz, and Tillman ...... Come on Bawlmer ... Come on Orioles ... Come on Birds. How 'Bout Dem O's ??? How Dem Oooooooorioles ??? How 'Bout Dem O's ??? How Dem Oooooooorioles ??? How 'Bout Dem O's ??? How Dem Oooooooorioles ??? How 'Bout Dem O's ??? How Dem Oooooooorioles ??? O, O, Ohhh ...... O, O, Ohhh, O ...... O, Ohhh, O ...... O, Ohhh ...... Come on Bawlmer ...... Come on Orioles ...... Come on Birds. O - R ...... I - O ...... L - E ....... and S ....... Come on Bawlmer ...... Come on Orioles ...... Come on Birds. O, O, Ohhh ...... O, O, Ohhh O ...... O, Ohhh, O ...... O, Ohhh ...... Come on Bawlmer ...... Come on Orioles ...... Come on Birds.     23-PERSON TOTAL: )) 0 Current Orioles, 7 Former Orioles, 13 Retired, 1 Dead (Plus Dave Trembley and Andy MacPhail)    o
    • This is not a contending team...Don't be fooled by a good start. The only problem is they may be able to hang around with the real Cobb and veteran performances by Milone, and LeBlanc might prevent them from being terrible
    • I don't feel the need to see much more of DJ Stewart, quite frankly.  I'm not a Mountcastle believer but if I had to pick between the two, I'd rather see Mountcastle.   That said, I don't think Mountcastle comes up anytime soon.  
    • o   Is that over all runs, or runs-per-game ??? I ask because 1981 was a strike-shortened season, so if it was overall runs then the citation would go back even further (if you exclude strike-shortened season.)   o
    • It's still way too soon to be talking like this but it's still fun. Maybe it's a perfect storm for a team like the Orioles to get into an expanded playoff format and make some noise.  And with the way the schedule is set up, it seems like it could be possible.  The Marlins were bad to begin with, now they're having a hard time to field a team.  We should be able to beat up on them, but so will everyone else.  Boston doesn't look good, despite having some good offensive weapons.   So...In the words of Lou Brown, maybe we can "hang around for a while and see if we can give 'em all a nice big $#*%burger to eat!"
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now