Frobby

DJ Stewart 2019

o

(vs. TIGERS, 5/28)

After being called up from AAA-Norfolk, Stewart got 3 hits in his first Major League game of the 2019 season ........ hit did so against a pretty darned good pitcher, too (Matthew Boyd.)

o

o

(vs. TIGERS, 5/28)

After being called up from AAA-Norfolk, Stewart got 3 hits in his first Major League game of the 2019 season ........ hit did it against a pretty darned good pitcher, also (Matthew Boyd.)

o

Maybe some of the smart data heads on here can figure this one out, because I can't. What are some potential reasons that Elias would feel meh about Stewart? Serious question, because there has to be some kind of logic behind it.

Please don't leave out the part where they actually called him up and were giving him a chance.  He didn't perform and then got hurt.  I did expect him to get called up for Smith though.  

Just now, RZNJ said:

Please don't leave out the part where they actually called him up and were giving him a chance.  He didn't perform and then got hurt.  I did expect him to get called up for Smith though.  

Totally fair. He stunk out loud when they called him up, small sample or not. 

But if you believed in him enough to call him up in the first place, surely you would give him another shot. 

People made fun of DD because of all the corner OF/DH/1B types. 

Maybe Elias loves utility infielders. 

I get rewarding Peterson on some levels but now they found Rondón what is the point of keeping him? 

Our outfield right now is Mancini, Santander and Wilkerson. All 3 playing in some way out of position.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

It was 25 PA’s. That’s small even for a SSS. 

In a SSS in 18 he performed pretty well.

I just don’t get it.  

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

It was 25 PA’s. That’s small even for a SSS. 

In a SSS in 18 he performed pretty well.

I just don’t get it.  

Yeah, but they didn't send him down. He got hurt.  Santander came up.  I don't understand why he didn't get the call this time.

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

Yeah, but they didn't send him down. He got hurt.  Santander came up.  I don't understand why he didn't get the call this time.

I know. 

It is really a head scratcher to me. Unless there is more to the story. 

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I agree.  But, I'm pretty sure this isn't an arbitrary decision by Elias.  I don't know what his reasoning is, but I'm pretty sure he has his reasons.  Time will tell.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• The one difference between Means and Kremer is that Means has a plus-plus pitch that hitters can't hit even when they know it's coming. Kremer's best pitch is his curveball, but I'm not sure it's in the same category as Means' change.  I have some concern that major league hitters will be able to differentiate the breaking ball from the fastball and lay off his curve, particularly when he throws the slow one. His curveball reminded me of Dylan's Bundy's curve in the minors. It worked well there but it never was the same pitch at the major league level. Kremer has some talent, but he really needs that slider and change to come around and be consistent pitches for him if he's to stay a starter. If not, I could see him moving to relief, getting a few ticks on the fastball and be a piece out of the pen.
    • I love that movie! I have the DVD but I also have a copy I got off youtube. full movie, one file.     Came to post this.  
    • Interesting list and write ups.    Overall, he’s pretty high on our pitchers.    Let’s hope he’s right.   Elias hasn’t spent any high picks on pitching as of yet, so most of the guys on the list were inherited from the old regime.   
    • I only watched bits and pieces, but Maryland's offensive sets kill me sometimes.  Guys stand still much or dribble the air out of the ball.  I agree that Stix doesn't seem to want the ball that much.  I've mentioned his lack of a post game dozens of times so I won't go there (I guess I just did).  I don't think he has the best hands either.  I'd like to see him go up strong a dunk it over a dude like once.  As a senior, Cowan still makes some really bad mistakes.  There was sequence where he got double-teamed and picked up his dribble and threw it straight to the opposing defender.  Dribble out of that pressure dude and make a better pass. Wiggins missed some easy ones tonight.  He is a much better spot up shooter.  Occasionally he will flash with a drive.  He had an off night.  Lindo played some bad defense from what I saw. Hopefully they learn from this.  They weren't going to go undefeated.  I believe Penn State is a good team and potential sleeper come March.  
    • Turgeon has never beaten a major conference team in the tourney in his 22 year coaching career. He's a good recruiter but he just never maximizes that talent. Main issues with this team are Stix inside and lack of consistent shooting. Don't see either of these changing much.
    • Sayonara, Adam!   I’m sure you’ll be a great ambassador for US baseball.    I hope you and your family have a blast over there.
  • Popular Contributors