Frobby

DJ Stewart 2019

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Yeah, but they didn't send him down. He got hurt.  Santander came up.  I don't understand why he didn't get the call this time.

Or for that matter, why Ruiz is at AA. What is even the point of Jace Peterson now that Villar wasn't traded?

1 minute ago, interloper said:

Or for that matter, why Ruiz is at AA. What is even the point of Jace Peterson now that Villar wasn't traded?

The fact that Ruiz is at Bowie leads me to believe it is for his benefit. Wife close by? Who knows. 

He has to stay down 10 days before he can be back. Needs couple more days  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, interloper said:

Peterson has had a very good year at Norfolk.   To me, the question is why have him and Stevie Wilkerson both on the 25-man roster.     But with Ruiz sent down Peterson makes some sense.    I don’t really get Rondón.  

I don’t think anyone in the front office is down on Stewart.   But he didn’t play that well in his short stint before his injury, and he’s only hitting .220 since his return to Norfolk (albeit with lots of walks and power).    He’ll get another chance eventually.  

• Upvote 1

What do we expect from Stewart ? I honestly don’t know. He doesn’t look like he is fast( although he might be. I don’t know) and his defense seems to be negative, but again I don’t know whether it’s good or bad.

Is he supposed to hit well enough to compensate for bad D, is his D supposed to be at least average, can he run? I agree he should be here, showing wherever he has, but I haven’t any idea what to expect.

2 minutes ago, Philip said:

What do we expect from Stewart ? I honestly don’t know. He doesn’t look like he is fast( although he might be. I don’t know) and his defense seems to be negative, but again I don’t know whether it’s good or bad.

Is he supposed to hit well enough to compensate for bad D, is his D supposed to be at least average, can he run? I agree he should be here, showing wherever he has, but I haven’t any idea what to expect.

If only that type of information was readily available.

• Haha 1

Kind of interesting who goes to make room.

The O's need 13 pitchers, so I think that alignment stays in place.

Of course,  Severino and Sisco will stay.  They need 2 catchers.

Davis, Mancini and Villar are probably safe because of  veteranocity.

Martin has to stay as a Rule 5 guy.

Alberto, Peterson, Nunez are out of option and have to go through waivers.

Santander deserves to stay more than Stewart.

Wilkerson has a 810 OPS vs righties

Ruiz was sent down for 16 days and if he is sent down for 4 more he loses his option for next season.

The easy way out is to option Stewart until Sept 1st.  Either that or DFA Peterson.  JMO

10 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I’m sure you used incorrect grammar on purpose...”If only that typo of information were available.”

but thanks!

12 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Actually I really didn’t know about this, thank you for sharing. And we’ll let your grammar slide for now.

1 minute ago, Philip said:

Actually I really didn’t know about this, thank you for sharing. And we’ll let your grammar slide for now.

How do you not know about Statcast?  You have Tony on ignore?

Shouldn't it be I'll let your grammar slide for now?

25 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Reading the report it says that it’s a stretch for him to be a successful daily player, and if that’s true, it’s kind of Disappointing that he is considered one of our top three outfielders. Thanks again for sharing the information, I will be using this site a great deal.

32 minutes ago, Philip said:

He has a bad body, so the expectation is that his defense and speed are bad, but the scouting doesn't really bear that out.

10 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

How do you not know about Statcast?  You have Tony on ignore?

Shouldn't it be I'll let your grammar slide for now?

You sent me to baseball savant not stat cast.

And Tony’s shared an off a lot of information, but I guess I’ve never seen him share the actual link, or maybe I just didn’t notice,. But I got it now! Thanks again!