Jump to content
Frobby

DJ Stewart 2019

Recommended Posts

Just now, MurphDogg said:

He has a bad body, so the expectation is that th defense and speed are bad, but the scouting doesn't really bear that out.

He certainly does not look fast, but I have read that he has average speed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Philip said:

He certainly does not look fast, but I have read that he has average speed.

He's the opposite of someone like Jones, or even Davis back in the day.  They look so smooth out there that they seem faster and more athletic than they are.  Stewart looks like a big bag of awkward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

How do you not know about Statcast?  You have Tony on ignore?

Shouldn't it be I'll let your grammar slide for now?

No, because I’m not the only one who ignores your grammar… And I doubt anybody else mentions it either.

Is there a section here for defense? I’m not seeing it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

He's the opposite of someone like Jones, or even Davis back in the day.  They look so smooth out there that they seem faster and more athletic than they are.  Stewart looks like a big bag of awkward.

Yes I’ve heard that he runs faster than he looks, and according to baseball savant.com, he has approximately average speed. Wow, that’s just great. I wonder if baseball savant also knows the answer to the meaning of life, the universe, and everything…(Notice the Oxford comma?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Philip said:

No, because I’m not the only one who ignores your grammar… And I doubt anybody else mentions it either.

Is there a section here for defense? I’m not seeing it.

Not enough ML data to amount to anything, I suggest you look up scouting reports.  Plenty of in-house ones to peruse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, wildcard said:

Kind of interesting who goes to make room.

The O's need 13 pitchers, so I think that alignment stays in place.

Of course,  Severino and Sisco will stay.  They need 2 catchers.

Davis, Mancini and Villar are probably safe because of  veteranocity.

Martin has to stay as a Rule 5 guy.

Alberto, Peterson, Nunez are out of option and have to go through waivers.

Santander deserves to stay more than Stewart.

Wilkerson has a 810 OPS vs righties

Ruiz was sent down for 16 days and if he is sent down for 4 more he loses his option for next season.

The easy way out is to option Stewart until Sept 1st.  Either that or DFA Peterson.  JMO

It's the Orioles. Someone will need to go on the IL the day before he comes back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2019 at 6:34 PM, Philip said:

Yes I’ve heard that he runs faster than he looks, and according to baseball savant.com, he has approximately average speed. Wow, that’s just great. I wonder if baseball savant also knows the answer to the meaning of life, the universe, and everything…(Notice the Oxford comma?)

He doesn't have enough data for 2019, but in 2018 his sprint speed according to Statcast was 27.6 ft/sec. That's actually above the MLB average of 27 ft/sec. He has slightly above average speed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2019 at 5:10 PM, wildcard said:

Kind of interesting who goes to make room.

The O's need 13 pitchers, so I think that alignment stays in place.

Of course,  Severino and Sisco will stay.  They need 2 catchers.

Davis, Mancini and Villar are probably safe because of  veteranocity.

Martin has to stay as a Rule 5 guy.

Alberto, Peterson, Nunez are out of option and have to go through waivers.

Santander deserves to stay more than Stewart.

Wilkerson has a 810 OPS vs righties

Ruiz was sent down for 16 days and if he is sent down for 4 more he loses his option for next season.

The easy way out is to option Stewart until Sept 1st.  Either that or DFA Peterson.  JMO

The easy way out is to finally cut Davis. It’s now reached the point where he’s taking a roster spot from someone more deserving.

That and this isn’t Buck’s team, veteranosity isn’t a thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

The easy way out is to finally cut Davis. It’s now reached the point where he’s taking a roster spot from someone more deserving.

That and this isn’t Buck’s team, veteranosity isn’t a thing.

Maybe the cut back to 12 pitchers until Sept 1st.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Clank

I remember Clank, but he did give us 10.7 WAR in his first three years. If DJ can contribute that, he's worth starting overall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats







×
×
  • Create New...