interloper

When do you make a call on Mullins this season?

3 hours ago, ReclaimTheCrown said:

Good discussion on Williams vs Mullins. I do agree with those that think it is about time to denote Mullins - maybe not immediately, but if he is still scuffling this badly over the next week. I unfortunately fear it’s becoming more clear that he’s not going to consistently hit at the major league level, but if you think there is a chance he can, you’ve got to send him to AAA to find himself again. He’s just kind of drowning up here now, and you can sense his frustration. I’d like to give him a chance to regain some confidence.

Why not wait a month or two on Mullins? To me there is there is no reason to move him for some guy that wont be in Baltimore long term. 

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

Why not wait a month or two on Mullins? To me there is there is no reason to move him for some guy that wont be in Baltimore long term. 

If there’s any chance of him performing at the ML level in the future, the argument is you don’t want to destroy his confidence by keeping him up too long.

• Upvote 1

Right now, Mullins seems to have as much value to us as Craig Gentry did. I'm not sure he's part of the future either.

3 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

If there’s any chance of him performing at the ML level in the future, the argument is you don’t want to destroy his confidence by keeping him up too long.

This is how I feel. He's destroying any chance of even being a fourth outfielder at this point. Getting you head bashed in daily at the plate doesn't serve him or the team.

34 minutes ago, nate22 said:

Right now, Mullins seems to have as much value to us as Craig Gentry did. I'm not sure he's part of the future either.

Mullins wishes he had that much value. In 2018 Gentry was worth 0.6 WAR. Mullins was worth -0.3 WAR in 2018 and -0.6 WAR this year.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Spl51 said:

Mullins wishes he had that much value. In 2018 Gentry was worth 0.6 WAR. Mullins was worth -0.3 WAR in 2018 and -0.6 WAR this year.

I stand corrected.

Switch hitting center fielder comparison to Mullins may be Aaron Hicks. Just a thought.  Hicks turned a less than stellar first two seasons into a 7 year/$70 million contract.  It took a change of teams to get the best out of him but a comparison just the same.  Needed several trips to the Minors to adjust.

54 minutes ago, thezeroes said:

Switch hitting center fielder comparison to Mullins may be Aaron Hicks. Just a thought.  Hicks turned a less than stellar first two seasons into a 7 year/$70 million contract.  It took a change of teams to get the best out of him but a comparison just the same.  Needed several trips to the Minors to adjust.

Hicks was a top prospect for the Twins and a first round pick. I'm not sure if Mullins has any "Aaron Hicks" in him.

It's not even the end of april and Mullins is already a washout nobody who cant even be a 4th outfielder...I should not read this site every day. 

Mullins has a track record, and that track record includes success at AAA.  Three weeks in april doesnt change that.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Spl51 said:

At this point I'm not sure he's even a 4th outfielder on a good team.

I'm not seeing enough glove.

Maybe if he was a plus basestealer.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm not seeing enough glove.

Maybe if he was a plus basestealer.

You have to get on base to steal them. 

2 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

You have to get on base to steal them. 

I was thinking he could pinch run.  That way other players would get on base for him.

On 4/18/2019 at 9:57 PM, Mendoza Line said:

I'd temper the enthusiasm.  Adam always seems to have good 1st half splits throughout his career, particularly March/April in the OPS department.

He also has an 83.7 EV which suggests a serious regression.