Sign in to follow this  
Frobby

Alex Wells 2019

31 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Wells has not allowed more than 3 runs in any game this year.    

He's a guarantee to get bombed next time out.

Stuff wise, I've liked more of what I've seen from Wells than Lowther this year. Wells seems to be able to defend himself better when his stuff is not there while Lowther tends to walk more. 

Saying that, I'm liking them both more now that they are having the success they are having at AA. Wells' stuff looks particularly better than last year.

Prototypical Wells outing tonight: 8 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 4 K’s.   That’s the 5th time in his last 11 outings he’s pitched at least 7 innings.   His ERA stands at 1.95.    

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Prototypical Wells outing tonight: 8 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 0 BB, 4 K’s.   That’s the 5th time in his last 11 outings he’s pitched at least 7 innings.   His ERA stands at 1.95.    

A few of the hits (and 1 of the runs) were flukes.

On 7/7/2019 at 8:55 AM, RZNJ said:

He's a guarantee to get bombed next time out.

Wells must be really good.  He survived the Frobby jinx.  Wells, Lowther, Kremer, Akin, and possibly Baumann could form a prospect laden rotation to start next season in Norfolk.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Wells must be really good.  He survived the Frobby jinx.  Wells, Lowther, Kremer, Akin, and possibly Baumann could form a prospect laden rotation to start next season in Norfolk.

That will certainly be a contrast to this year!

On 7/7/2019 at 11:24 AM, Tony-OH said:

Stuff wise, I've liked more of what I've seen from Wells than Lowther this year. Wells seems to be able to defend himself better when his stuff is not there while Lowther tends to walk more. 

Saying that, I'm liking them both more now that they are having the success they are having at AA. Wells' stuff looks particularly better than last year.

How would you rank Akin, Wells, Lowther, Zimmerman?

39 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

A cavalry even...😎

• Downvote 1

It looks to me like Wells may be the front runner for EL pitcher of the year.    He’s third in ERA among pitchers with 10 or more starts; the two guys ahead of him made 12 and 13 starts, respectively, and are now pitching (and struggling) in AAA.   There are a number of other strong candidates, so we’ll just see how the final 7 weeks of the season unfold before getting too analytical about it.    

Just now, Frobby said:

It looks to me like Wells may be the front runner for EL pitcher of the year.    He’s third in ERA among pitchers with 10 or more starts; the two guys ahead of him made 12 and 13 starts, respectively, and are now pitching (and struggling) in AAA.   There are a number of other strong candidates, so we’ll just see how the final 7 weeks of the season unfold before getting too analytical about it.    

Would be pretty exciting if not challenging the minor leaguers leads to them winning individual awards and team championships!

10 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

How would you rank Akin, Wells, Lowther, Zimmerman?

I haven't done a full evaluation, but if I had a gun to my head right now, I'd go Lowther, Wells, Akin, Zimmerman.

3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I haven't done a full evaluation, but if I had a gun to my head right now, I'd go Lowther, Wells, Akin, Zimmerman.

I would say the same thing.

We have three of the top four in ERA in the Eastern League. I'd give the edge to Lowther as the league's pitcher of the year.

3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Which one do we see first in Baltimore?