Sign in to follow this  
Roll Tide

Ravens 1st Round Selection - Marquis Brown

On 4/26/2019 at 3:52 PM, Roll Tide said:

Brown is a home run/deep ball threat. Screens and slants (slot stuff) really isn’t going to be his game. 

I really don’t love it either...I think Metcalf was a better pick if not for the twitter thing. 

I posted another article that disproved this line of thinking but Baltimore Beatdown just wrote a really nice article directly contradicting this bogus notion that all Brown will do is run the 9 route.

How Greg Roman Can Use Hollywood

In the article they detail his use on LOS screens and quick passes that utilize his speed.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the link Camden.  Definitely an enjoyable read.   Looking forward to seeing the new look offense perform.....I have to think it should be a significant upgrade over 2018.

13 hours ago, Camden_yardbird said:

I posted another article that disproved this line of thinking but Baltimore Beatdown just wrote a really nice article directly contradicting this bogus notion that all Brown will do is run the 9 route.

How Greg Roman Can Use Hollywood

In the article they detail his use on LOS screens and quick passes that utilize his speed.

I was listening to 105.7 today and he won't be participating in rookie camp due to the Lisfranc injury. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't Redshirt this coming season. They said it takes a full year to recover from it and regain your speed and explosiveness.

10 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I was listening to 105.7 today and he won't be participating in rookie camp due to the Lisfranc injury. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't Redshirt this coming season. They said it takes a full year to recover from it and regain your speed and explosiveness.

Brown is also coming off Lisfranc foot surgery. DeCosta said the Ravens are comfortable with the recent medical reports on the injury and expect him to be ready by the start of training camp at the latest. Brown’s agent sent DeCosta videos of Brown’s rehab during the pre-draft process.

“We’ve had players who’ve had this injury, the Lisfranc injury,” DeCosta said. “It’s a predictable injury. We feel really good about his prognosis long-term. He’s had a couple of different medical rechecks. … Conservatively, I think training camp we’ll have him back.

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/ravens-take-wr-marquise-hollywood-brown-with-first-round-pick

24 minutes ago, Brian88 said:

The Penn team found that 26 of the 28 players (92.9 percent) returned to competition in the NFL. With the exception of the two players who never returned to the NFL, the remaining 26 athletes returned to play at a median 11.1 months from time of injury and missed a median 8.5 NFL regular season games. There was no statistically significant difference in time to return to play or games missed when comparing offensive and defensive players. 

The majority of players who returned to the NFL (84.6 percent) sustained season-ending Lisfranc injuries, returning to the competition between nine and 15 months following injury. Only three players (11.5 percent) returned to play during their injury season, with one additional player returning midway through the season following an offseason injury.l

The surgery was performed in January. 9 months would ge October and 15 months would be next March

3 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

You can buy it if you want...but I'm not! There is a difference between ready to participate in camp an being 100%.

I was really just pointing out that it was well known before the draft that he wouldn't be available for rookie camp. As far as when he will be ready I have no clue.

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

That sounds like a made up crisis as well with supporting evidence.  Strawmen are a hell of a thing.

9 hours ago, Brian88 said:

I was really just pointing out that it was well known before the draft that he wouldn't be available for rookie camp. As far as when he will be ready I have no clue.

Yeah.... I get what you are saying now. But, Icant see anyway he's 100% for training camp much less for most of the season.

5 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Okay.  I like the evidence for the statement.  This study indicates that returns are roughly 11 months after the initial injury and are longer for repairs with surgery (which Brown had).  That to me would indicate that you are probably correct and that their optimism that he shows up for TC is a little off.  He looks like a pup list candidate to me and probably not ready until mid november at the earliest.