Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Legend_Of_Joey

Zach Jarrett to Bowie

Recommended Posts

With Yusniel Diaz out for a bit, Jarrett gets the bump. Not the best news for Cole Billingsley, who was sent to Fredeick a week and a half ago after struggling horribly (which is saying something, since 95% of Bowie is struggling).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, cboemmeljr said:

Will Robertson goes from Delmarva to Frederick to replace Jarrett. (per Keys press release)

I call your update and raise you "Robbie Thorburn moves from Aberdeen to Delmarva to replace Robertson."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From a scout from another org:

“I like Zach Jarrett. I didn’t put a huge grade on him. There is a lot of effort in his game, but it wouldn’t surprise me if he made the majors. He may not be a super impact guy. I also saw him some in college. He just keeps on getting better. He’s a fringe-average runner. We saw him play center field in Frederick. He can really throw with at least an average arm. I liked him and his feel and approach for hitting. He was aggressive on pitches in the zone but also, at times, selective.”

https://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2019/12/a-scouts-take-on-some-orioles-prospects.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol, I feel like that quote must be some sort of parody.

"I really like him but didn't give him a big grade."

"Fringe-average runner"

"Can really throw, his arm is at least average"

"Aggressive at the plate but also selective".

In line with this scouts insight I'm going to say that Zach Jarrett might make the major leagues, or he might not.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Lol, I feel like that quote must be some sort of parody.

"I really like him but didn't give him a big grade."

"Fringe-average runner"

"Can really throw, his arm is at least average"

"Aggressive at the plate but also selective".

In line with this scouts insight I'm going to say that Zach Jarrett might make the major leagues, or he might not.

LOL.  Sounds like a politician.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2019 at 12:43 PM, glenn__davis said:

Lol, I feel like that quote must be some sort of parody.

"I really like him but didn't give him a big grade."

"Fringe-average runner"

"Can really throw, his arm is at least average"

"Aggressive at the plate but also selective".

In line with this scouts insight I'm going to say that Zach Jarrett might make the major leagues, or he might not.

He's a stiff corner outfielder, not going to be average defensively, he's going to need to hit a ton and I don't like his chances of that. He's a strength-based power bat without the type of bat control to get to all the raw power in game. Maybe an up and down ceiling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2019 at 12:43 PM, glenn__davis said:

Lol, I feel like that quote must be some sort of parody.

"I really like him but didn't give him a big grade."

"Fringe-average runner"

"Can really throw, his arm is at least average"

"Aggressive at the plate but also selective".

In line with this scouts insight I'm going to say that Zach Jarrett might make the major leagues, or he might not.

Now I understand why Scouts get fired.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

He's a stiff corner outfielder, not going to be average defensively, he's going to need to hit a ton and I don't like his chances of that. He's a strength-based power bat without the type of bat control to get to all the raw power in game. Maybe an up and down ceiling. 

No offense Luke, but if he has strength based raw power

why would he not be able to use it in a game? Bat control really doesn't matter in some situations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Satyr3206 said:

No offense Luke, but if he has strength based raw power

why would he not be able to use it in a game? Bat control really doesn't matter in some situations.

None taken, because the swing is stiff and muscled and he doesn't find the barrel enough. He rolls over balls he should lift and also collapses and pops up balls he should drive. He has plus raw, but he hits 11 HRs in about 500 PAs as an old for the level guy (between A+/AA). 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Satyr3206 said:

Now I understand why Scouts get fired.

It's how they hedge their bets so they don't look awful if the player turns out to be something they didn't report. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2019 at 12:17 PM, Legend_Of_Joey said:

With Yusniel Diaz out for a bit, Jarrett gets the bump. Not the best news for Cole Billingsley, who was sent to Fredeick a week and a half ago after struggling horribly (which is saying something, since 95% of Bowie is struggling).

Make another post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

It's how they hedge their bets so they don't look awful if the player turns out to be something they didn't report. 

The real question in my mind is, out of all the players Melewski could have asked this scout about, why did he pick Zach Jarrett?    This is going to be a two-part blog post and in part 1 the scout commented on Kremer, Baumann, McCoy, Naughton, Jarrett and Ripken.     Part two will cover Grayson Rodriguez, DL Hall and others.     Melewski said the interview covered various prospects, “some highly ranked and others not ranked.”    Seems like an odd mix, though.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats







×
×
  • Create New...