wildcard

Mullins earning a 2nd chance

8 hours ago, wildcard said:

They both have been in OPACY.  Signing autographs.

I'd like to insert a photograph I took of them, but can't figure out how to do it. Help from Mods please?

IMO the O's are one screw up in center field away from calling up Mullins.   The elements are there.

Hyde said today that he does have a centerfield on the 25 man roster right now.  Mullins in hitting for a 918 OPS at AAA.   It will not take much for Rickard to be sent down and Mullins to return to Baltimore.

But Mullins has to play when he comes back up.  So there is not sense in making the move if Hyde is going to play Wilkerson in center.   Mullins should not lose the momentum he has gained but being recalled and then being sat on the bench.

Interesting to see what happens next.

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

IMO the O's are one screw up in center field away from calling up Mullins.   The elements are there.

Hyde said today that he does have a centerfield on the 25 man roster right now.  Mullins in hitting for a 918 OPS at AAA.   It will not take much for Rickard to be sent down and Mullins to return to Baltimore.

But Mullins has to play when he comes back up.  So there is not sense in making the move if Hyde is going to play Wilkerson in center.   Mullins should not lose the momentum he has gained but being recalled and then being sat on the bench.

Interesting to see what happens next.

Norfolk has six players OPSing over .800 and seven players batting .278 or better. Mullins still has only 46 at-bats and has done absolutely nothing to prove he can hit right-handed.

6 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

ML balls.

Makes it more important to use a metric with a baseline of league average, Sisco and Mountcastle are at a 130 wRC+, Mullins at 135 (in a very small sample).

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Very happy to see Mullins doing well but let's not yoyo him. Let him continue to improve in AAA for at least another month or two.

If he is held in the Minors until July I think it moves the arrow towards Free Agency until 2026 instead of 2025 and Arb Eligibility to 2023 instead of 2022

9 minutes ago, thezeroes said:

If he is held in the Minors until July I think it moves the arrow towards Free Agency until 2026 instead of 2025 and Arb Eligibility to 2023 instead of 2022

Career -.8 rWAR player.  Let's worry about that extra year.

Just now, RZNJ said:

I am not worried about gaining the extra year but are we really using his ML "career" as an argument against it?  Really?

Corn has made service time his personal crusade. I don’t think anyone is even arguing that it should be a primary consideration here. I took it more as a statement of fact. 

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

I am not worried about gaining the extra year but are we really using his ML "career" as an argument against it?  Really?

Just in the context that he's a fungible asset and no need exists to manipulate his service time.

Last year or so folks around here have become obsessed with getting extra team control. 

Seriously, someone suggested they manipulate Santander's clock.

3 minutes ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

Corn has made service time his personal crusade. I don’t think anyone is even arguing that it should be a primary consideration here. I took it more as a statement of fact. 

Please, international spending is much more of a crusade for me.  Maybe folks worrying too much about controlling the running game.  Getting rid of the balk, lots of stuff.

This is just me pointing out people being silly.

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Just in the context that he's a fungible asset and no need exists to manipulate his service time.

Last year or so folks around here have become obsessed with getting extra team control. 

Seriously, someone suggested they manipulate Santander's clock.

I think it smarts to know when Santander is eligible for a 7th year.  I don't think we know how good he will be.  As it turns out the date is May 27th and its doubtful he is called up to stay before then.   

The O's are probably going to have to make some serious decisions on roster when they call up Santander if they want him to play almost everyday. 

Smith is in left, Davis is at first.   As of now Mancini is in right and Nunez is DH.  If they want to have Santander in right they have to move Mancini to DH and Nunez to the bench.  Their bench will probably would have to be expanded to 4.  And the relievers reduced to 12.   So there is probably more to calling up Santander then just placing the call.

3 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I think it smarts to know when Santander is eligible for a 7th year.  I don't think we know how good he will be.  As it turns out the date is May 27th and its doubtful he is called up to stay before then.   

The O's are probably going to have to make some serious decisions on roster when they call up Santander if they want him to play almost everyday. 

Smith is in left, Davis is at first.   As of now Mancini is in right and Nunez is DH.  If they want to have Santander in right they have to move Mancini to DH and Nunez to the bench.  Their bench will probably would have to be expanded to 4.  And the relievers reduced to 12.   So there is probably more to calling up Santander then just placing the call.

Of course you should be up on all the dates.

But you don't manipulate Santander's service time.