Sign in to follow this  
wildcard

Cobb's trade value?

Cobb doesn't have to get his YTD ERA to 3.00.  If he pitches to a 3.00 in June and July he will be in demand.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Hell of a hill to climb this year.  

@glenn__davis is a good poster.  And right now, Cobb isn't as good as Ubaldo.  So yeah, I'm hoping for Cobb to be as good as Ubaldo, too.

I am hoping for way more than that.

4 minutes ago, wildcard said:

12 is 2  1/2 months.  Mid May.  10 gives him until  the  first of June to get healthy.

If he is healthy after the 10 day IL and gets a few rehab starts,that has him in the majors around the 25 or so of May.Hopefully they dont try any more of those simulated games stuff Real games in the minors Assuming he is healthy enough to start a rehab around the 10th of May

7 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Cobb doesn't have to get his YTD ERA to 3.00.  If he pitches to a 3.00 in June and July he will be in demand.

If the O's eat salary.

9 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

If he is healthy after the 10 day IL and gets a few rehab starts,that has him in the majors around the 25 or so of May.Hopefully they dont try any more of those simulated games stuff Real games in the minors Assuming he is healthy enough to start a rehab around the 10th of May

I dont think the ROI for him will be that high, regardless that nobody here wants him, they will all complain that Elias didnt get enough for him.

18 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I think it's a better exercise to look at the pitchers of the other teams that will probably be in our position at the deadline in determining what Cobb's demand will be like.  He won't be the only one available and most certainly won't be one of the better options, imo.

49 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

He's running out of time to get that ERA down under 10.0.

49 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

But if he has 2 starts with a 3.50 ERA he'll be in such high demand!

He’s only made three starts, one of which was good.     Plenty of time to right the ship.      People are too down on Cobb IMO.   It wouldn’t shock me at all if he had a sub-4.00 ERA at the all star break.     Of course, it also wouldn’t shock me if he didn’t.    

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

He’s only made three starts, one of which was good.     Plenty of time to right the ship.      People are too down on Cobb IMO.   It wouldn’t shock me at all if he had a sub-4.00 ERA at the all star break.     Of course, it also wouldn’t shock me if he didn’t.    

He's getting hit harder than Bundy.

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Well, it's easy to be down on him right now.  

I wouldn't be surprised at either situation.  However, I doubt there's a rabid trade market for him if he's good.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Teams will want to trade a ton for him!

A fat pitcher?

20 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Cashner may be instructive. Started the year with a 13.50 ERA, now he could be sub-4 with a good outing tonight (currently sitting at 4.18). 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Teams will want to trade a ton for him!

Hard July 31 deadline this year, no August waiver trades.

Clock is ticking.