Sign in to follow this  
hoosiers

Harvey, Sedlock, Fenter, Gang's All Here, And Healthy

1 hour ago, sdmarkakis said:

Pretty much every writeup of Lowther has him as an MLB quality pitcher. I guess you know better from your random dismissal of him. Wells isn't a rock star but he's a guy who will likely find his way into a decent MLB career as a back of the rotation starter or mid-relief guy.

'Decent' is a low bar. So maybe you should just choose your words more carefully.

Also, isn't Keegan Akin a decent prospect? Backend starter type? Struggling a bit in AAA right now, but had a good year last year. 

Edited by Bubble Buddy

2 hours ago, sdmarkakis said:

Pretty much every writeup of Lowther has him as an MLB quality pitcher. I guess you know better from your random dismissal of him. Wells isn't a rock star but he's a guy who will likely find his way into a decent MLB career as a back of the rotation starter or mid-relief guy.

'Decent' is a low bar. So maybe you should just choose your words more carefully.

I know just what I read.  Which seems to be bad, Decent means someone who can contribute consistently at major league level. Like Givens.

15 minutes ago, sdmarkakis said:

Again, pretty much every single writeup on Lowther disputes what you're saying. Are you a troll or what? 

I think you hit that one square on the head.

Again, pretty much every single writeup on Lowther disputes what you're saying. Are you a troll or what? 

You new here?

From MLB.com

"Lowther's best pitch is a fastball that sits at 87-90 mph "

"His control is average, with room for improvement, "

Scouting grades:  Overall 45.

5 minutes ago, atomic said:

From MLB.com

"Lowther's best pitch is a fastball that sits at 87-90 mph "

"His control is average, with room for improvement, "

Scouting grades:  Overall 45.

Also this year he has walked 15 guys in 22 innings.  So a slow tosser with no control. I wonder what happens to guys like that in the big leagues? 

44 minutes ago, atomic said:

Also this year he has walked 15 guys in 22 innings.  So a slow tosser with no control. I wonder what happens to guys like that in the big leagues? 

I wouldn’t get too worked up about the walks just yet.   He averaged 2.5 per 9 over a full season last year.   Unless his high walk rate continues for another couple months, I’d assume it’s a SSS blip.

Long and short, nobody’s going to win this argument right now.   Let’s just see if he has success in AA this year.    It’s been a mixed bag so far but he’s had his good outings and his ERA is solid right now.   Too soon in the season to draw any conclusions.   

• Upvote 1

Sedlock pitched a 6-inning shutout tonight - rain in the 7th, I assume.

He's 2-0 now with an ERA around 2 - maybe he can pitch most of the season at Bowie.