Frobby

Dean Kremer 2019

1 hour ago, connja said:

Addison Russel + some lower level pitching?

I really hope the Orioles don't trade for Russell. That would be a real bad look.

30 minutes ago, survivedc said:

Tate also looked pretty good out of the bullpen. He gun had him at 97 on his 4 seamer and what looked like a two seamer at 93-94 and got a few ground balls on it. Off speed pitches were ineffective.

Nice to see his fastball playing up in relief.  

18 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I don’t think he has offspeed stuff to start I would keep him in the pen and see if he can’t be a Givens type pitcher as 7th 8th inning guy.

On 6/11/2019 at 10:47 PM, Frobby said:

I think most on this site have written this guy off. The arm talent alone makes him a potential bullpen arm, IMO. I'm not optimistic, but he has a better chance to be a BP guy than most guys throwing in the upper 80's.

I looked, but couldn't find, Luke's post about who needs to be placed on the 40-man roster this year. I fear he may be one of them. If so, I'd say he's a low priority to protect at this point.

[Going back and reading this thread, it wasn't clear this post was about Tate. It is. Not about Kremer, who is still a guy to be very high on.]

14 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

I looked, but couldn't find, Luke's post about who needs to be placed on the 40-man roster this year. I fear he may be one of them. If so, I'd say he's a low priority to protect at this point.

We already had to put him on the 40-man last offseason.    So far they’ve found other guys to DFA when they’ve needed a space.   We’ll see if that continues to be the case.   

5 shutout innings, 2 hits, 2 walks, 8 K’s.   71 pitches, 45 for strikes.   He seems to have his act together.   

49 minutes ago, Frobby said:

5 shutout innings, 2 hits, 2 walks, 8 K’s.   71 pitches, 45 for strikes.   He seems to have his act together.   

His 5th inning was particularly impressive. He had the first batter struck out twice on grazing foul tips, but both popped out of Perez's glove. He ended up walking the batter and was visibly angry. He proceeded to absolutely carve up the next three batters to strike out the side. 

33 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

I wonder why only 5 inning and 71 pitches you would think he could have came out for 6th.

Think if you read Luke’s description above you’d understand.   Sort of like when you take bp before a game, put two out and smoke 1/2 a dozen line drives, no reason to get back in the cage again.  End on a good note and come back later so you leave a good taste in your mouth.

My thinking was they wanted to get Baumann some work. They have too many starters at Bowie. I expect them to move Lowther and Kremer up to make room for Baumann and maybe Sedlock in the next week or so.

Kremer, Wells, and Grayson are all strike throwers.  You have to hope guys like Bauman, Hall, Akin, improve in that area.  Not talking ceilings but it seems the former three are best bets to remain starters at the ML level.  Lowther is kind of a tweener to both groups for me.

Solid if unspectacular outing for Kremer today: 5 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 3 K’s.   Probably could have gotten another inning out of him but I think they wanted Baumann going 4.   1.96 ERA in his last 4 starts for Kremer.   

On 6/23/2019 at 12:04 AM, orioles22 said:

My thinking was they wanted to get Baumann some work. They have too many starters at Bowie. I expect them to move Lowther and Kremer up to make room for Baumann and maybe Sedlock in the next week or so.

Lowther would be the guy, but even still, I’ve turned into a big believer of the one level at a time, but it might be time. Polished college pitcher.  Has dominated every level.  He’s 23, so he’s not some kid.

We’re in no rush. I’d definitely pump the brakes on Kremer. He’s just now getting back to being who he was a year ago. Maybe you give him a taste of Norfolk in August. Baumann needs AA starts, but I’d be fine letting Sedlock gain some confidence or pitch out the pen in AA to finish out. I’m sure he’s on an IP limit. 

9 hours ago, Frobby said:

Solid if unspectacular outing for Kremer today: 5 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 0 BB, 3 K’s.   Probably could have gotten another inning out of him but I think they wanted Baumann going 4.   1.96 ERA in his last 4 starts for Kremer.   

Looks like he may not have had his best stuff last night but was able minimize damage. Signs of a guy who could stick as a starter. I’m still most excited about him from our “haul” last year. I think we see him get a few starts in September if we end up trading Cashner. 

1 hour ago, joelala said:

Looks like he may not have had his best stuff last night but was able minimize damage. Signs of a guy who could stick as a starter. I’m still most excited about him from our “haul” last year. I think we see him get a few starts in September if we end up trading Cashner. 

Out of the upper level SP prospects, I'd think Akin, Lowther and Wells all get starts in Baltimore before Kremer does.  Possibly Zimmermann too.