Sign in to follow this  
weams

Bruce Zimmermann 2019

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Glad to see one of Bowie’s pitchers get promoted.   Zimmermann has made 28 starts in AA, so it might as well be him.    I’m guessing Lowther, Wells and Kremer open there next year too.   Not sure about Sedlock or Baumann, who will only have about a half season of AA under their belts.   

Baumann could start in Bowie and end up in Norfolk quickly next season.

Sedlock...Probably depends on if they want him as a starter or reliever.

2 minutes ago, orioles22 said:

Discouraging to see Zimmerman struggle today in AAA, but I think the other five guys at Bowie have a better shot to succeed.

I watched it, didn't have his change or slider today. Maybe the different ball. But didn't really get hit hard, lots of dinks and dunks on weak contact. Didn't miss many bats though, he doesn't have a swing and miss fastball. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Zimmermann in line to pick up his first AAA win tonight after 7 strong innings against a first place Gwinnett team. Zimmermann allowed one run on 4 hits, while striking out 5 and walking 1 over 88 pitches.

That’s good news

2 hours ago, ScGO's said:

He could be a Sept call up.  Doesn't he need to be added to the 40 man?

He does not need to be added to the 40-man this December, so I don't expect to see him until next year.

Another nice start for Zimmerman. 5.2 IP with only one run allowed. His ERA is now down to 4.41. He still gives up too many baserunners allowed 53 in 32.2 IP but his overall numbers are very encouraging. He has a really nice strikeout rate of 8.5 K/9, allowed only two HRs, and has a strong groundball rate at Norfolk so far. I wouldn't mind seeing him make a few starts for the O's in September. 

• Upvote 2

On 8/21/2019 at 10:18 AM, MurphDogg said:

He does not need to be added to the 40-man this December, so I don't expect to see him until next year.

If he doesn’t have to be added then I don’t see them calling him up this September. Glad to see him doing well in AAA.