Tony-OH

Chris Davis since he broke his 0-fer streak

I'm glad you started this thread. Need to see this sustained, but it definitely throws a kink into future plans based on where we were a couple of months ago.

It makes the Davis/Mancini/Mountcastle+ log jam a potential long term issue. This is actually a good problem to have if this production is truly a real sign of things to come.

Just now, LookinUp said:

I'm glad you started this thread. Need to see this sustained, but it definitely throws a kink into future plans based on where we were a couple of months ago.

It makes the Davis/Mancini/Mountcastle+ log jam a potential long term issue. This is actually a good problem to have if this production is truly a real sign of things to come.

How is it a good problem?

27 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

In case you were wondering why you don't dread seeing Chris Davis at the plate of late, he's slashing .290/.371/.581/.952 with 5 home runs in his last 21 games (70 PAs) since setting his record breaking 0-fer streak.

His 90.7 exit velocity and 50% hard hit% (50%) leads the team.

Its his best streak over 70 PAs since he slashed .288/.389/.661/1.050 with 5 HRs over 72 PAs between Jun 3rd to Jun 21st 2016 (At least that I could find).

I don't know if Davis has refound it, but he's certainly surprised me with this streak.

Davis' .952 OPS leads the team, Dwight Smith 2nd at .898, Mancini is a distant 3rd .803.   Dwight Smith leads in HR (6) and RBI (21), with Davis 2nd in both 5 HR, 15 RBI.    On the flip side, of players with at least 50AB, Davis is 3rd in AB/strikeouts behind Wilkerson and Nunez.

Some back of the napkin numbers, assuming Davis' AB are 1/4 of where he'll end up, 
 2016, Davis hit .221, to match that he needs to go .232 the rest of the way
2015 was his best BA of the last 5 years, .262, to dream really big and match that, requires a .288 pace which would be almost 2013 like.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!  Don't jinx it for pete's sake!  Just enjoy and don't talk about it, lol....

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

The O's should at least consider trading Mancini.  His trade value may never be this high again, and by the time the O's might be contenders again he'll probably be expensive.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CheeryO said:

The O's should at least consider trading Mancini.  His trade value may never be this high again, and by the time the O's might be contenders again he'll probably be expensive.

Yes, they need to move him this summer regardless of what Davis does. 

8 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Yes, they need to move him this summer regardless of what Davis does. 

That is the type of move I wouldn't expect to see from Dan or Andy.

26 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

I disagree with you that it’s a good problem to have. He is not part of the future for this team. I still want the team to play the young guys and see what they have. If they have to play CD 90% the time that’s cuts into others. IMO 

• Upvote 1

His bat looked quick when he pulled a 92mph fastball for a HR yesterday. Not something I expected to see coming into this year. Its possible alot of his problems were mental. 

Just now, jabba72 said:

His bat looked quick when he pulled a 92mph fastball for a HR yesterday. Not something I expected to see coming into this year. Its possible alot of his problems were mental. 

Or you know, the other thing.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, CheeryO said:

Trade Mancini? He should be playing 1st. Davis should be in Texas fishing. 

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Or you know, the other thing.

Whatever he'd doing, he's a different player since the streak ended. As long as its within MLB guidelines Im glad he's doing it again.  makes you wonder what kind of potential season Davis can have this year. 

1 minute ago, jabba72 said:

Whatever he'd doing, he's a different player since the streak ended. As long as its within MLB guidelines Im glad he's doing it again.  makes you wonder what kind of potential season Davis can have this year. 

I'm fine if it's not.

21 minutes ago, TonySoprano said:

Davis' .952 OPS leads the team, Dwight Smith 2nd at .898, Mancini is a distant 3rd .803.   Dwight Smith leads in HR (6) and RBI (21), with Davis 2nd in both 5 HR, 15 RBI.    On the flip side, of players with at least 50AB, Davis is 3rd in AB/strikeouts behind Wilkerson and Nunez.

Some back of the napkin numbers, assuming Davis' AB are 1/4 of where he'll end up, 
 2016, Davis hit .221, to match that he needs to go .232 the rest of the way
2015 was his best BA of the last 5 years, .262, to dream really big and match that, requires a .288 pace which would be almost 2013 like.

.  I assume you are only and strictly referring to the sample size of the last 21 games when you are making these comparisons.  Davis OPS of .952 is only for the last 21 games.  He stands at .666 OPS overall for the year.  Trey Mancini is at .914 for the year to lead this team to date and Dwight Smith at .844 and they both have substantially more plate appearances thus far (more than 50 more) than Davis. 

Let’s not get too far ahead of ourselves.