Sign in to follow this  
Moose Milligan

vs. Yankees 5/15 (Game 2)

Man a ton of hate for Cashner in this thread, in a game where he gave up 2 runs on 4 hits and 2 walks in 6 innings against a top notch team in a hitter's park.

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Yeah, we knew they aren't good, but they've been downright sad of late. Lots of guys in deep slumps. Oh well, guess we just need enjoy those rare wins.

Well, the game on Sunday gave me some hope that they weren't going to go into this series completely cold.  But maybe two days off was too much.  

Just now, SteveA said:

Man a ton of hate for Cashner in this thread, in a game where he gave up 2 runs on 4 hits and 2 walks in 6 innings against a top notch team in a hitter's park.

What?  I called him the team ace.  That's a compliment.

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

Tough at bat by DSJR, but you could tell how he reacted to that swinging strike 2 that Britton was in his head.

Easy place to be when it’s 96-97 with sink.

Filthy 

1 minute ago, Il BuonO said:

Easy place to be when it’s 96-97 with sink.

Filthy 

Looks like vintage Britton.

IMO, as long as the Yankees have Ottavino, Britton, Chapman (I'm forgetting someone else) healthy, I think they can sustain their injuries elsewhere and give Houston a run for their money.  Their offense is still effective for now and it's pretty much game over if they have a lead into the later innings.  

10 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Heads up running by Villar but...that could have been really stupid.

Wasn’t worth it to try that, down 2. But he made it.   Still don’t like the decision.  

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Looks like vintage Britton.

IMO, as long as the Yankees have Ottavino, Britton, Chapman (I'm forgetting someone else) healthy, I think they can sustain their injuries elsewhere and give Houston a run for their money.  Their offense is still effective for now and it's pretty much game over if they have a lead into the later innings.  

Agreed.

Kahnle has a 1.04 ERA. Happ isn’t really performing to expectations, but their rotation is good enough to get through 6 IP on most nights.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tony-OH said:

The Orioles have won 1 game since May 7th which is part of the reason why this double header sweep is really not fun!

Don't know why I'm watching until the bitter end when the Raptors/Bucks are on.