orpheus100

Is this team worse than last year?

5 hours ago, atomic said:

Also since the first 5 games the team is 11 and 35 that is less than a 39 win pace.

The pace I anticipated, those first 5 games are going to ruin my under 40 w prediction unless we can get Straily back into the rotation ... perhaps call up Ortiz.

1 hour ago, Cy Bundy said:

The pace I anticipated, those first 5 games are going to ruin my under 40 w prediction unless we can get Straily back into the rotation ... perhaps call up Ortiz.

Get Davis back to leading off.

2 hours ago, Cy Bundy said:

My friend, this team has the worst record in the MLB and has played 75% of its games against sub-500 teams.  I'll just leave and let that little factoid sink in for you, and you'll feel so much better.

10 minutes ago, Morgan423 said:

My friend, this team has the worst record in the MLB and has played 75% of its games against sub-500 teams.  I'll just leave and let that little factoid sink in for you, and you'll feel so much better.

Where did you get that stat???

The Orioles are currently 9 Wins 29 Losses against teams with a .500 or better record.

The Orioles are currently 6 Wins 7 Losses against teams with a .500 or worse record.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, thezeroes said:

Where did you get that stat???

The Orioles are currently 9 Wins 29 Losses against teams with a .500 or better record.

The Orioles are currently 6 Wins 7 Losses against teams with a .500 or worse record.

It's straight off the major league standings page.  Which says the O's have played 38 games against sub-500 teams with a 9-29 record.  

I think their stat is "Teams that were sub .500 at the time we played them," not "Teams that are still sub-500 today."

https://www.mlb.com/orioles/standings

EDIT:  This made me realize that I needed to make the text bigger on my screen.  I totally misread a greater than sign as a less than sign.  :drek:

On 5/19/2019 at 6:02 PM, MongoBoy said:

They should merge with the Marlins and move 1/2 way between the 2 cities.  Maybe South Carolina?  The Charlotte Orilins?

Myrtle Beach would work for me.

1 hour ago, Morgan423 said:

It's straight off the major league standings page.  Which says the O's have played 38 games against sub-500 teams with a 9-29 record.  

I think their stat is "Teams that were sub .500 at the time we played them," not "Teams that are still sub-500 today."

EDIT:  This made me realize that I needed to make the text bigger on my screen.  I totally misread a greater than sign as a less than sign.  :drek:

You lied to me?

1415117005034.gif

1 hour ago, Morgan423 said:

18 minutes ago, Cy Bundy said:

You lied to me ???

o

He lied to you ........ he lied to me ........ he lied to all of us.

It's a sad, sad day at the Orioles Hangout. 

o

3 hours ago, atomic said:

Get Davis back to leading off.

I prefer Davis get back to the 2013 version of himself. Even 2015 Davis would work.

Since none of that is happening, the rest is desperate responses to a foregone conclusion.

11 hours ago, Morgan423 said:

I was not sure myself but then realized that Tampa, Minn, Hou, NYY,  Bost and Oak were at/near .500 when we played them at different times.

Playing two bad teams this home stand. Tigers are 1-11 in their last 12 games and have won 6 games this month. Giants have the second worst record in the NL. They have lost five in a row. The algae eater in the fish tank playing each other. 

Whoever scheduled the Oriole game for 1:05 today after being in Denver yesterday should be talked to strongly. They could have made it at 4:05 or even later. Probably did not get in till around 2 or so in the morning.The home schedule times  is done by the home team unless Sunday night game or playoffs.

40 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Playing two bad teams this home stand. Tigers are 1-11 in their last 12 games and have won 6 games this month. Giants have the second worst record in the NL. They have lost five in a row. The algae eater in the fish tank playing each other. 

Whoever scheduled the Oriole game for 1:05 today after being in Denver yesterday should be talked to strongly. They could have made it at 4:05 or even later. Probably did not get in till around 2 or so in the morning.The home schedule times  is done by the home team unless Sunday night game or playoffs.

It is a 3 hour flight.  They are paid huge salaries to work 3 hours a day.  I think they will be fine. Think about the minor league players who have long bus rides and a4e making next to nothing,

2 hours ago, Going Underground said:

I am amazed we are playing an afternoon game at all.  I feel like we play fewer day games at home than any team in the majors.

1 hour ago, atomic said:

It is a 3 hour flight.  They are paid huge salaries to work 3 hours a day.  I think they will be fine. Think about the minor league players who have long bus rides and a4e making next to nothing,

I don’t think anyone is saying to feel bad for the players. If I am understanding @Going Underground Correctly, I took his point to be that it’s something self-inflicted that is putting our team in a potentially disadvantageous position. 

5 hours ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

I don’t think anyone is saying to feel bad for the players. If I am understanding @Going Underground Correctly, I took his point to be that it’s something self-inflicted that is putting our team in a potentially disadvantageous position. 

The Tigers had to travel as well.