Jump to content
Greg Pappas

2020 MLB Draft Order: O's will pick 2nd

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Aglets said:

I'm losing faith fast you guys.................. :(

Detroit is just so much better at this.

If I could lock the O's in as picking 2nd, I would. We're highly unlikely to catch the Tigers, unless we're still close enough that losing 3 or 4 of the remaining four games with them in mid-September could matter. It's no sure thing we'll pick 2nd either... with both Miami and KC close enough to potentially catch us, but odds are we're looking at the #2 pick. Again, I'll happily take that. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are the current standings after the games on Wednesday (9/4):
Win % is the key, not Games Back. If the Orioles have the exact same Win % as another team at season's end, the O's will get the higher pick.

       TEAM      RECORD   WIN%   GB    
1     Tigers         40-97      .292     ___
2     Orioles        46-93     .331     5.0
3     Marlins       49-89     .355     8.5
4     Royals        51-89     .355     9.0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Greg Pappas said:

Here are the current standings after the games on Wednesday (9/4):
Win % is the key, not Games Back. If the Orioles have the exact same Win % as another team at season's end, the O's will get the higher pick.

       TEAM      RECORD   WIN%   GB    
1     Tigers         40-97      .292     ___
2     Orioles        46-93     .331     5.0
3     Marlins       49-89     .355     8.5
4     Royals        51-89     .355     9.0

How are the Tigers THIS BAD??? If you read all of the hot takes about how embarrassing the Orioles are, then you would forget that the Tigers existed.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are the current standings after the games on Friday (9/4):
Win % is the key, not Games Back. If the Orioles have the exact same Win % as another team at season's end, the O's will get the higher pick.

       TEAM      RECORD   WIN%   GB    
1     Tigers         42-98      .300     ___
2     Orioles        46-95     .326     3.5
3     Marlins       50-90     .357     8.0
4     Royals        52-90     .366     9.0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

Here are the current standings after the games on Friday (9/4):
Win % is the key, not Games Back. If the Orioles have the exact same Win % as another team at season's end, the O's will get the higher pick.

       TEAM      RECORD   WIN%   GB    
1     Tigers         42-98      .300     ___
 2     Orioles        46-95     .326     3.5
3     Marlins       50-90     .357     8.0
4     Royals        52-90     .366     9.0

Looks like the Royals are pretty much out of the race.  They have 2 more games against the Marlins that someone has to win.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2019 at 10:07 AM, atomic said:

Looks like the Royals are pretty much out of the race.  They have 2 more games against the Marlins that someone has to win.  

Yeah, the Royals beat the Marlins again last night, so the odds of them catching us are minuscule.  The Marlins are also a long shot to catch us with teams having 20-21 games remaining. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never say never, but Detroit's remaining schedule looks a lot harder than the O's. We're looking at #2 next year I think.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2019 at 10:59 AM, LookinUp said:

Never say never, but Detroit's remaining schedule looks a lot harder than the O's. We're looking at #2 next year I think.

The upcoming 4-game series against Detroit could be vital to how the Draft slots play out. If Detroit wins 3 out of 4 or even (gulp) sweep us, the race for the first pick will be on with a dozen or so games remaining (at that point). If it goes the other way and we split or win the series, that'll cement the Tigers in at #1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are the current standings after the games on Thursday (9/12):
Win % is the key, not Games Back. If the Orioles have the exact same Win % as another team at season's end, the O's will get the higher pick.

Quote

       TEAM      RECORD   WIN%   GB    
1     Tigers        43-102    .297     ___
2     Orioles       47-99     .322     3.5
3     Marlins      51-95     .349     7.5

The next 4 are against the Tigers, who will have 13 games remaining thereafter, while the O's will have 12.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are the current standings after the games completed on Monday (9/16):
Win % is the key, not Games Back. If the Orioles have the exact same Win % as another team at season's end, the O's will get the higher pick.

The Tigers have 13 games remaining, while both the O's and Marlins play 12.

       TEAM      RECORD   WIN%   GB    
1     Tigers        45-104    .302     ___
2     Orioles       49-101   .327     3.5
3     Marlins      52-98     .347     6.5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are the standings after the games on Thursday (9/19):
Win % is the key, not Games Back. If the Orioles have the exact same Win % as another team at season's end, the O's will get the higher pick.

The Tigers have 10 games remaining, while the O's play 9.

       TEAM      RECORD   WIN%   GB    
1     Tigers        45-107    .296     ___
2     Orioles       49-104   .320     3.5
3     Marlins      53-99     .349     8.0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Greg Pappas said:

Here are the standings after the games on Thursday (9/19):
Win % is the key, not Games Back. If the Orioles have the exact same Win % as another team at season's end, the O's will get the higher pick.

The Tigers have 10 games remaining, while the O's play 9.

       TEAM      RECORD   WIN%   GB    
1     Tigers        45-107    .296     ___
2     Orioles       49-104   .320     3.5
3     Marlins      53-99     .349     8.0

It's all over but the crying, Greg.

#'s 1 and 2 are pretty much locked. KC/Miami can duke it out for #3.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LookinUp said:

It's all over but the crying, Greg.

#'s 1 and 2 are pretty much locked. KC/Miami can duke it out for #3.

Yeah, it would take an unexpected win streak by Detroit for us to have a shot at #1 with so few games remaining. As you said, we're virtually a lock to pick #2. I'd be very happy with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats







×
×
  • Create New...