Greg Pappas

O's 2020 MLB Draft Chat: Picking #2/30/39/74

9 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

No one thought he would still be there at 4. Yet here we are.

Now Martin can make the Orioles pay 

Just now, xian4 said:

Keith Law thinks the Orioles are trying to get Nick Bitsko at 30

Keith Law can go piss up a rope.  That'll be nice if it happens but so much can happen between now and then.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Keith Law can go piss up a rope.  That'll be nice if it happens but so much can happen between now and then.

NSFW of course.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If they were going underslot, I was hoping for Gonzales.  

Oh well.

So do they pick 30 and 39 tonight?  Or do I have to wait for tomorrow night for additional dissappointment? 

I'm disgusted by this pick. You have the most money to spend, have a chance to get a guy like Martin, or even a top pitcher, and you get a guy that has questionable plate discipline, and doesn't fill a position of need. Elias tried to out think everyone and if signability was an issue there were still better picks. Why try to get the best available at 30 by missing out on any number of consensus picks that were rated higher? 

Nobody should like this pick. 

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Oh well.

So do they pick 30 and 39 tonight?  Or do I have to wait for tomorrow night for additional dissappointment? 

30 tonight and 39 tomorrow. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Oh well.

Those picks will go tonight

Austin Martin has the hair of a douchebag.  Now since he's playing for Toronto I have to hate him and look for every reason to do so.  He's rapidly approaching Dustin Pedroia levels of annoyingness.  

Also because I'm pretty sure Elias just botched this.

• Haha 1

Good lord, the overreaction theater here. You’d think we passed on a Harper or Strasburg level slam dunk. Spoilers: we didn’t. Everyone take a breath.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, FlipTheBird said:

Good lord, the overreaction theater here. You’d think we passed on a Harper or Strasburg level slam dunk. Spoilers: we didn’t. Everyone take a breath.

No, we just passed on a guy with a 70 hit tool and plate discipline.  Something this organization lacks.

• Upvote 1