Frobby

Austin Hays 2019

Hays with another home run tonight. His 8th AAA homer of the season. Line through one at-bat tonight is at .250/.303/.483. He is hitting for power anyway. .277/.346/.532 in August.

• Upvote 1

I'd like to see them send Hays out the AFL along with Diaz. He'll get more at bats out there though I wouldn't be upset if they ended up giving him a September callup. 

A Stewart, Hays, Santander outfield would be fun to watch in September.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I'd like to see them send Hays out the AFL along with Diaz. He'll get more at bats out there though I wouldn't be upset if they ended up giving him a September callup. 

Hays has 800 OPS in both July and August.   I think the earns him a call up.

54 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Sure, take a cheap shot at Stewart’s expense! If he was a soccer star nobody would care how he uses his head.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 8/23/2019 at 1:01 PM, wildcard said:

Hays has 800 OPS in both July and August.   I think the earns him a call up.

It’s time for a healthy Hays to get an extended look in the MLB. I hope they do that in Sept. 

• Upvote 1

I we have Stewart in left, Hays center, and Santander in right, will that be the first time this year we actually had three outfielders playing in the outfield?  Whoa!  Novel concept.

Hays with a home run tonight off old friend Odrisamer Despaigne. He has been scuffling the last week, but finishing up the month strong, wonder if he gets the call on Tuesday.

3 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Hays making his closing arguments for a September callup, went 3-5 today with two doubles.

Too late IMO.

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Too late IMO.

There are 0 center fielders on the MLB team. I think he should get the call.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Too late IMO.

He is putting up a higher OPS in more at bats than Anthony Santander was when he was promoted to Baltimore.

No reason for him not to get his feet wet.  He's going to spend most of the next year in the bigs regardless as long as he can stay healthy.  

• Upvote 1

On 8/27/2019 at 12:21 AM, NCRaven said:

I we have Stewart in left, Hays center, and Santander in right, will that be the first time this year we actually had three outfielders playing in the outfield?  Whoa!  Novel concept.

We have the inverse problem at SS and First Base--decent fielders who can't hit. The roster is so poorly constructed, it's truly remarkable that we're doing better--and are more fun to follow--than last season.

5 hours ago, LA2 said:

Plus we have the inverse problem at SS and First Base--decent fielders who can't hit. The roster is so poorly constructed, it's truly remarkable that we're doing better--and are more fun to follow--than last season.

The value of a team that hasn’t given up.

1 hour ago, Luke-OH said:

The value of a team that hasn’t given up.

Yes, it may even be the daily inspiration for Hyde to keep going despite being driven crazy (privately) by an unwieldy roster (lack of starting pitchers, no closer, no centerfielder, the Davis debacle, etc.).

I am curious: Have we set a record for either number of different SPs or shortest average time on active roster of SPs?