Frobby

Austin Hays 2019

On 6/25/2019 at 9:08 AM, vatech1994 said:

http://tinypic.com/r/91b87p/9

I wish somebody could report specifics on stuff like this.  Reporters can see the guy in the locker room.  Does he have blood in the back of the leg like that picture?  I had been lucky to never pull a hammy during all the time that I played sports until I did this at the Orioles fantasy camp in 2016.  It felt like a bad pinch when I did it, but that thing bothered me for a long time afterward.  I was able to limp around for the rest of the week and keep playing, but there is no way I would have been able to play in a really competitive league for at least a month.  I can still feel it at times and I’ve definitely lost flexibility and speed as a result (and I really didn’t have any speed to lose, lol).

They don’t need to take the picture or show the picture, but a simple trip to the training room would get you the answer as to whether he tore it enough to cause blood pooling.  I’m guessing he did.  That is not good.

Reporters are not allowed in training rooms at any level and the Orioles under Elias keep their injury news very, very close hold. 

At this point it looks like the Orioles starting CF job in 2020 is just sitting on a platter for this guy if he could just STAY HEALTHY.  Hope he can get healthy and have a good second half so we can start 2020 with an outfield of Mountcastle, Hays, Santander / Diaz.

1 minute ago, RVAOsFan said:

At this point it looks like the Orioles starting CF job in 2020 is just sitting on a platter for this guy if he could just STAY HEALTHY.  Hope he can get healthy and have a good second half so we can start 2020 with an outfield of Mountcastle, Hays, Santander / Diaz.

I think it's a bit early to anoint Mountcastle an outfielder.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think it's a bit early to anoint Mountcastle an outfielder.

It's wishful thinking, Hay's being healthy and proving ready to start in CF is also a bit wishful at this time.

6 hours ago, orioles22 said:

Yeah, it looks more like a Norfolk outfield of Hays, Mullins and Diaz to open the 2020 season.

I expect Díaz will be promoted mid season and compete for a job out of ST.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, survivedc said:

I expect Díaz will be promoted mid season and compete for a job out of ST.

I think all three will compete for a job - just not confident any will win one.

Hays had 2 homers and a double down in Aberdeen.    Went 0 for 4 today but had a walk and a HBP and scored the winning run in the 13th inning.

• Thanks 1

On 7/2/2019 at 11:14 AM, orioles22 said:

Yeah, it looks more like a Norfolk outfield of Hays, Mullins and Diaz to open the 2020 season.

McKenna will be there too. Mullins’ 40 man spot might be in jeopardy. Which I think is hilarious to always mention; because we could DFA 10 of the pitchers on our 40 man and they’d go unclaimed, or who even cares if we lose them?

I just want Hays to be healthy. It’s getting Reimold/Harvey-ish

Edited by sportsfan8703

I hope you're right about McKenna. He has started to heat up since I wrote that.

I agree about having lots of pitchers we could lose without hurting anything.

3 extra base hits and 5 RBI's leading off tonight as Norfolk has rallied to take a 10-9 lead after being way down to Durham early.

• Upvote 2