jgjbanker

Mancini Trade Package

29 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

He ain't that young.

And not very good either.   We should just DFA him.    lol

30 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

I thought Mancini is young and part of our future to build on. I really don't believe we will get much for him. I think teams are going to give us not prospects and low ball us.

Mancini's surplus value is something like a free agent you'd sign to a 3/40 deal.  He's basically a 2-win first baseman with the ability to stand around the OF if you really get in a bind.  The package I'd expect would be a single 50-100ish prospect and a one or two other lower-rated guys.

In 2016 the Astros traded josh fields, who had a 6-something era at the time, to the dodgers for  Yordan Alverez who they had just signed at the beginning of the international signing period. Yordan is now the astros #3 ranked prospect, #42 in top-100 rankings. 

I think mancini will have better value than a 6-something era, but I will not be surprised at all if ME does something similar this year.

8 minutes ago, JMU_Birdfan said:

In 2016 the Astros traded josh fields, who had a 6-something era at the time, to the dodgers for  Yordan Alverez who they had just signed at the beginning of the international signing period. Yordan is now the astros #3 ranked prospect, #42 in top-100 rankings. 

I think mancini will have better value than a 6-something era, but I will not be surprised at all if ME does something similar this year.

Remember the Dodgers had signed Álvarez as a lottery ticket, when they traded him away he was still a lottery ticket. Plus the Dodgers are always awash with good prospects, they can easily afford to give away somebody who has legitimate potential. Plus, Alverez Was just a kid. Compared to me, 27 is still just a kid but by baseball terms it’s almost middle-age. I just don’t think Mancini has significant value.Was just a kid. Compared to me, 27 is still just a kid but by baseball terms it’s almost middle-age. I just don’t think Mancini has significant value. Although he’s done amazingly well for a guy who is drafted 249th.

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

Remember the Dodgers had signed Álvarez as a lottery ticket, when they traded him away he was still a lottery ticket. Plus the Dodgers are always awash with good prospects, they can easily afford to give away somebody who has legitimate potential. Plus, Alverez Was just a kid. Compared to me, 27 is still just a kid but by baseball terms it’s almost middle-age. I just don’t think Mancini has significant value.Was just a kid. Compared to me, 27 is still just a kid but by baseball terms it’s almost middle-age. I just don’t think Mancini has significant value. Although he’s done amazingly well for a guy who is drafted 249th.

I'm not comparing mancini to alverez, im comparing mancini to josh fields. You helped prove my point. I wouldn't be surprised if ME traded some guys for young lottery tickets this summer. 

15 minutes ago, JMU_Birdfan said:

I'm not comparing mancini to alverez, im comparing mancini to josh fields. You helped prove my point. I wouldn't be surprised if ME traded some guys for young lottery tickets this summer. 

That’s a valid point. It is unlikely for Mancini to bring back any established players of any significance, or any high-ranking prospects, but if Mike trusts his analysts, He may well see some guys in that are being undervalued but have significant upside.

I could see that.

15 hours ago, Sydnor said:

I would be shocked if Mancini could net one of Valera, Oviedo, and Hankins, much less all 3. Oviedo is a fringe Top 100 guy for some evaluators, Valera was their big international signing two years ago, and Hankins slid in the draft last year due to medical concerns. As I understand it, they consider those players to be a big part of their future. I also think there’s a decent chance the Indians try to retool on the fly and sell Brad Hand, Bauer, and maybe a couple other pieces.

None of these I mentiioned are on any Top 100 lists that I can find and I would see them as second tier, developmental and thus higher risk prospects by any objective assessment.  I would not be surprised at all if this happened...IF Trey doesn’t slump between now and then and IF the Indians are  close to the Twins and become buyers.  In fact, it may be a higher return, imho. 

18 hours ago, Kaven5 said:

I love where the guy 's head is. Focused, positive and solid. That being said , I would trade him tonight if I thought it would help the team long term.

Exactly how I feel about him. Good guy in the clubhouse and good approach at the plate. Not his fault the Orioles play him out of position. 

I would trade him for the Sally League pitcher of the week for the 2 week of June - if that prospect is one of our own, the deal is still on.

6 hours ago, Cy Bundy said:

I would trade him for the Sally League pitcher of the week for the 2 week of June - if that prospect is one of our own, the deal is still on.

Thanks for this valuable contribution. No way that the Orioles would just give him away. The Orioles will need a key injury to. A contender to really cash in but that seems to happen frequently.

34 minutes ago, nate22 said:

Houston might have interest. Ellis also knows their system.

Houston has 17 Mancini’s.

47 minutes ago, Cy Bundy said:

Houston has 17 Mancini’s.

Travis Shaw is their DH. That's why I suggested it.