bird watcher

Mancini Trade Package

15 minutes ago, jtschrei said:

Eye test- Mancini looks better at the plate. He’s a ball player and his makeup is fantastic.

We have to get rid of Trumbo and slide Mancini to Dh with some games at 1B. I’m saying it, that’s the number 1 offseason priority. 

A 1B or DH with a sub .700 OPS isnt really what you want out of that position. I understand he's not really a LF either, but thats another argument. 

15 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I don't get it either. 

I don't mean to speak for OFFNY - but I think it's the equivalent of a electronic social media cheer everytime someone hit's a homerun or delivers a game winning hit.  OFFNY has done it for years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, jabba72 said:

A 1B or DH with a sub .700 OPS isnt really what you want out of that position. I understand he's not really a LF either, but thats another argument. 

Right. I know.

I think he's a better hitter than that. I think he's an .800 OPS guy, but we'll see. He was .826 OPS last year. 

16 minutes ago, jtschrei said:

Right. I know.

I think he's a better hitter than that. I think he's an .800 OPS guy, but we'll see. He was .826 OPS last year. 

I think he’s a better hitter than that, too.    But my own guess is .775ish.

Random observation: With his next appearance in LF, Trey will have played more games in LF this year than last year (88). 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

Random observation: With his next appearance in LF, Trey will have played more games in LF this year than last year (88). 

Now that the pest Kim is out of the  way....

Mancini started to heat up right around his bobblehead night, which was coincidentally around the same time that I started to think he needed to get sent to Norfolk or Bowie to straighten himself out at the plate. Hopefully he keeps this up.

I think Mancini will be a solid player for us, and a Baltimore type fan favorite. He works hard and is an intense competitor.Id like to see him supplant Davis at 1b,and I believe he will end up with reasonably respectable power numbers. He got into slump this year and couldn't find his way out. The knee injury didn't help either. I think he'll be fine.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Roy Firestone said:

I think Mancini will be a solid player for us, and a Baltimore type fan favorite. He works hard and is an intense competitor.Id like to see him supplant Davis at 1b,and I believe he will end up with reasonably respectable power numbers. He got into slump this year and couldn't find his way out. The knee injury didn't help either. I think he'll be fine.

I agree Roy. I see a young player having the typical "sophomore slump". He is a hitter in my opinion. I don't care if he is not a prototypical power hitting first baseman. I think he will provide adequate power for a first baseman, and imo he is a very solid contributor long term.