Greg Pappas

Top Prospects for the 2019 MLB Draft

6 minutes ago, Cy Bundy said:

This curve at 1:11 on one of the prospects you highlighted on twitter 

He’s one of my favorites, I almost got him into the top 34, one of the very last cuts. He already has a solid changeup too and he’s a tantalizing combination of present stuff and projection.

1 minute ago, Cy Bundy said:

Luke has a Vol on his list! I’m all in on Lipcius, he can hit & he’s the rare Vol genius. 

I’m much higher than the crowd on Lipcius, I’d love him at 71.

21 minutes ago, Cy Bundy said:

Only found this, looks like it’s git some good spin, and his change looked deceptive from behind the plate but it was hard to tell.

The ball jumps out of his hand, command is some of the best in college baseball. The latest outing I have velocity on was 91-94 and I think there is some more there, it’s a quick arm but he could use his lower half better. It’s kind of like a RH Lowther with a little better command, a little less deception.

10 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

Of guys on the mock, the early second round lines up relatively close to how I have guys ranked.

Guys that I really like include Sikkema, Dasan Brown, Baum, and Spencer Jones. If Spencer Jones is signable there, even overslot, that’s a steal.

As the Orioles drafting in the second round, would they be drafting spencer jones as a first baseman or a LHP? Has this spring filtered him into one direction or the other positonally?

1 hour ago, JMU_Birdfan said:

As the Orioles drafting in the second round, would they be drafting spencer jones as a first baseman or a LHP? Has this spring filtered him into one direction or the other positonally?

I like him as a LHP. He’s been hurt most of the spring with an elbow fracture so maybe that’s scared some teams off the arm, but from my understanding it’s not going to be an ongoing concern.

1 hour ago, Cy Bundy said:

Luke, where would Torkelson be ranked if in this class? 

Umm, near Vaughn I’d guess. He’s got a little better frame, little less performance.

11 hours ago, Cy Bundy said:

I need to know where my dude Song is getting projected, I need Song in Baltimore.

Even though he'll probably have to carry out his service commitment and won't play in the minors for at least a year? I am kinda assuming he fall's down the draft boards because of this 

I'd love it if we went Adley in the first round, Lugo or hinds in the second, And then three of Elias' favorite arms that were left.(prefereably a mix of college and HS arms) 

I'd prefer to see Adley start in Frederick with D.L, Knight, Bishop, Hannifee etc.

Lugo or Hinds would start in GCL

You'd scatter pitchers between GCL and Aberdeen (HS in GCL, College arms in Aberdeen)

On 5/30/2019 at 11:52 AM, Luke-OH said:

I like him as a LHP. He’s been hurt most of the spring with an elbow fracture so maybe that’s scared some teams off the arm, but from my understanding it’s not going to be an ongoing concern.

Adam Loewen thought that.