Sign in to follow this  
Aglets

Gerald McCoy to visit Ravens

55 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Do we really need shoring up? You have Pearce, Henry, and McPhee replaces Urban. I’d say that’s about 90% of your interior DL snaps. 

The other two slots are DE and we have been Judon, Ferguson, and Wormley, Bowser, and T Williams

Unless he is a serious upgrade at DE I’m betting he’d have to come cheap

He would be a nice addition if they can make it work with the cap. He would be our only interior pass rusher.

4 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Do we really need shoring up? You have Pearce, Henry, and McPhee replaces Urban. I’d say that’s about 90% of your interior DL snaps. 

The other two slots are DE and we have been Judon, Ferguson, and Wormley, Bowser, and T Williams

Unless he is a serious upgrade at DE I’m betting he’d have to come cheap

McPhee and Urban do very different things.  McPhee lost a bit of weight when he went to Chicago to rush the passer more.

17 hours ago, Camden_yardbird said:

McPhee and Urban do very different things.  McPhee lost a bit of weight when he went to Chicago to rush the passer more.

Sure but you have plenty of size/weight with Williams and Henry. 

1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

That DT position is so critically important to the Ravens defense I wouldnt mind spending more on it.

That said i think they have other needs, but the availability of solutions at those positions doesnt seem to be there.

The Ravens could also just be driving up the price as his main suitor seems to be Cleveland. 

3 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

But neither offer anything as far as a pass rush, which is why I was always against giving that big contract to Brandon Williams.

On 5/29/2019 at 11:14 AM, Brian88 said:

But neither offer anything as far as a pass rush, which is why I was always against giving that big contract to Brandon Williams.

Yeah.  Our pass rush was anemic even with Suggs.  And let me tell you the other team made Suggs a focus in pass blocking. 

16 hours ago, Camden_yardbird said:

He stays in division, knows the guys there a little more.  I am okay with the ravens not using their cap space here.

According to the guys at 105.7 part of his reasoning was the dangerous environment in Baltimore City.

2 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

According to the guys at 105.7 part of his reasoning was the dangerous environment in Baltimore City.

I dont buy it.  Did he say that?  These guys practice in Owings mills.  They live in mansions in Owings mills and further out.  90% of their lives take place outside out the city.

3 hours ago, Camden_yardbird said:

I dont buy it.  Did he say that?  These guys practice in Owings mills.  They live in mansions in Owings mills and further out.  90% of their lives take place outside out the city.

He might like to go to clubs. Not too many clubs in Owings Mills.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• From MLBTR: The Brewers added three players to their 40-man roster yesterday in advance of the deadline for teams to set their rosters in advance of the Rule 5 Draft.  As you might expect, “these are not 100 percent easy, clear decisions to make on some players,” Brewers president of baseball operations David Stearns told MLB.com’s Adam McCalvy and other reporters.  While Milwaukee has only 36 players on its 40-man, teams often leave spaces open for future additions or other roster maneuvering prior to December 12, when the Rule 5 Draft takes place.  This means that other teams could select some notable Brewers youngsters who weren’t protected, such as right-hander Zack Brown, currently ranked by MLB.com as the third-best prospect in Milwaukee’s farm system.  Brown was quickly ascending up the minor league ladder and was the Brewers’ minor league pitcher of the year in 2018, though his 2019 numbers (5.79 ERA over his first 116 2/3 innings at the Triple-A level) were a step backwards.  Stearns admitted that these struggles “certainly influenced our decision,” though “we still have high hopes for Zack Brown.”  If Brown is chosen, his new team would have to keep him on its Major League roster for the entire 2020 season to gain his permanent rights, or else the team would have to offer Brown back to Milwaukee.
    • Right, right, I’ve read so many threads I get the subject mixed up between them, I had forgotten what this particular post was about.  In response to your comment, it’s pretty obvious that Mike wants 1) Inexpensive warm bodies who can help us muddle through next year, and 2)  solid prospects with legitimate potential who can possibly help us in subsequent years. This guy seems like the latter. I also wonder if the draft is once more going to be pitching heavy in 2020. If so, that makes it a little bit more likely he’ll be wanting present value in a rule five pick, but we shall have to see.
    • Former Orioles right-hander Mike Wright has a deal to pitch next year in the Korean Baseball Organization. Wright, 29, posted a 9.45 ERA and 2.025 WHIP in 10 relief appearances with the Orioles and a 6.75 ERA and 1.813 WHIP in nine games with the Mariners, who acquired him in an April 24 trade and later outrighted him. https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2019/11/os-progressing-toward-deal-with-anthony-sanders-as-first-base-coach.html
    • * Former Orioles right-hander Mike Wright has a deal to pitch next year in the Korean Baseball Organization. Wright, 29, posted a 9.45 ERA and 2.025 WHIP in 10 relief appearances with the Orioles and a 6.75 ERA and 1.813 WHIP in nine games with the Mariners, who acquired him in an April 24 trade and later outrighted him. https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2019/11/os-progressing-toward-deal-with-anthony-sanders-as-first-base-coach.html
    • Roch reports the reporter. https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2019/11/os-progressing-toward-deal-with-anthony-sanders-as-first-base-coach.html
    • He is significantly more legit than Dan Clark. He can be brash but he puts in the work.  And also, he hates Dan Clark    
    • I don't think trying to copy Dan Clark counts.
  • Popular Contributors