Jump to content
weams

2019 Orioles Draft Tracker

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, JMU_Birdfan said:

@Luke-OH when can we start expecting to see news on guys signing?

I don't see it now, but Elias basically said they'd get on that task as soon as the draft was over.  At least a few should start coming in the next few days I'd imagine.  The 4yr seniors at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, a lot of signings happen pretty quickly.   Last year they’d signed 15 players by June 12, the first coming on June 7.   The top few may take a little longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do i know who has signed? Most teams signed at least 1 player, The Yankees already signed 7 players. It is amazing how the Yanks, Rays / Dodgers sign studs year after year, I am soooooo jealous.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oriolediehard said:

How do i know who has signed? Most teams signed at least 1 player, The Yankees already signed 7 players. It is amazing how the Yanks, Rays / Dodgers sign studs year after year, I am soooooo jealous.

 

Huh, what in the world are you talking about? The Dodgers actually failed to sign their top pick last year.

The signings will be listed here, it usually takes a couple weeks, no reason to worry, most are probably already signed or agreed to deals but they haven’t been announced/reported. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

Huh, what in the world are you talking about? The Dodgers actually failed to sign their top pick last year.

The signings will be listed here, it usually takes a couple weeks, no reason to worry, most are probably already signed or agreed to deals but they haven’t been announced/reported. 

Ballinger and Beuler weren't missed draft picks.  Who on the O's are that caliber.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, oriolediehard said:

Ballinger and Beuler weren't missed draft picks.  Who on the O's are that caliber.

Are we talking about the 2019 draft? And if you would like to have a serious conversation, please spell the players’ names correctly.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Luke-OH said:

Are we talking about the 2019 draft? And if you would like to have a serious conversation, please spell the players’ names correctly.

I made a general observation that the Yankees, Rays and Dodgers have had historically great farm systems through drafts, if you read my first comment. I am not going to list every player that that they drafted ever that you said.  I am tired of people looking for one negative and ignore the rest of what is written. To you all that have so much pride about the O's and being defensive.  But be honest, the O's have not had a great farm system since 1983  I don't care what you want to believe, but the O's don't measure one bit to those 3 teams.  Those teams have intelligent people who can recognize talent even if their pick is #30 or #60, they know what their doing,  Even if the O's draft a player with awesome talent, they don't know how to develop them, especially pitchers like those teams.  So don't like me, but the truth hurts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, oriolediehard said:

I made a general observation that the Yankees, Rays and Dodgers have had historically great farm systems through drafts, if you read my first comment. I am not going to list every player that that they drafted ever that you said.  I am tired of people looking for one negative and ignore the rest of what is written. To you all that have so much pride about the O's and being defensive.  But be honest, the O's have not had a great farm system since 1983  I don't care what you want to believe, but the O's don't measure one bit to those 3 teams.  Those teams have intelligent people who can recognize talent even if their pick is #30 or #60, they know what their doing,  Even if the O's draft a player with awesome talent, they don't know how to develop them, especially pitchers like those teams.  So don't like me, but the truth hurts.

I don't believe that the Yankees have had historically great farms through the draft.  They had that one really nice stretch that included Jeter and Co.  Before and after that stretch, not so much that I recall.  How many guys did they have on their OD roster that were their own draft picks?  I know Greg Bird and Judge, anyone else of note?

I will say that the Yankees and Dodgers have smoked the O's when it comes to International players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

I made a general observation that the Yankees, Rays and Dodgers have had historically great farm systems through drafts, if you read my first comment. I am not going to list every player that that they drafted ever that you said.  I am tired of people looking for one negative and ignore the rest of what is written. To you all that have so much pride about the O's and being defensive.  But be honest, the O's have not had a great farm system since 1983  I don't care what you want to believe, but the O's don't measure one bit to those 3 teams.  Those teams have intelligent people who can recognize talent even if their pick is #30 or #60, they know what their doing,  Even if the O's draft a player with awesome talent, they don't know how to develop them, especially pitchers like those teams.  So don't like me, but the truth hurts.

You just went on and on about a bunch of stuff I never mentioned in my response. I never asked you to name a bunch of players, I just asked you spell Bellinger and Buehler correctly. 

You intially asked if the Orioles had signed anyone yet and the those other teams had signed a bunch of studs, I tried to explain that the Orioles will very likely sign all their top picks and actually the Dodgers didn’t sign their top pick last year.

If you want give your opinion of the Orioles farm system or their player development, start a thread in the minor league message board. If you want to talk with substance about the players the Orioles drafted this year, you can do it here.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Legend_Of_Joey said:

If they all have to undergo the "Orioles Physical," they will all be deadline signings...

Even under Peter all physicals were not the same   Only a select few are put through the ringer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 111 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






  • Posts

    • Barry Bonds did ok...    
    • If Ayala can improve his shooting that would be awesome.  Today was a good start.  I think Wiggins needs to improve his handles and slashing game to be the scorer that would need.  His catch and shoot game is pure.   Gonna need Marial to improve his offensive game as well.  We already know he will defend the rim (theoretically).  Needs to work on his conditioning.  Ultimately I think our lack of interior presence will be our demise, unless Smith and Scott really ball their face off. We have that Swiss guy Revas as well, I'm not expecting much from him though.  The lack of backcourt depth also might hurt unless Dockery and Smart grow quickly.  Can Ayala be the primary ball handler and distributor?  Maybe. I don't think this team will fall off as badly as most think.  Like you said, Morsell/Ayala/Wiggins will keep us in most games.  If Scott and Hamilton (who was a top 100 recruit going into BC) can step up then I think we could surprise some people.  I see us sneaking into the tournament as a 7-10 seed.  
    • It’s a supply and demand thing.  Whether someone offers X amount of dollars is irrelevant.  The Os And their structure, could use his bat and his production.   Most teams don’t have that combo of at bats and money they can spend on a player with his skill set.     The Os do...and the idea that other teams chose not to do it is irrelevant to his value to this organization.  The idea that they may be looking into Puig (conjecture) and brought on a LH DH type at REINFORCES the idea that this is salary driven, not producing driven imo.     My only argument with this decision is that this isn’t solely or even largely driven by roster management despite what Elias says.  He is lying for management.
    • Your tone of authority when you are clearly in a fog is admirable.  Anyone who thought his arbitration number was a bargain, as you suggest, could have offered a warm body to secure his services before he hit the open market.  What won't make sense is if any team offers him 2M or more now that he's available to any team that wants him.
    • There are three vaccines, possibly four or five, if you trust the Chinese and Russians. Every factory on the world is going to be producing them. We may delay the start of spring training(only three months away) but I don’t think the season will start late. We may have distanced crowds, though.
    • No, it absolutely is the formula and what’s he’s worth.  That’s a fact. However, there are only a few teams that need a DH, so it’s not surprising that the market isn’t there..plus, you have announced that you are cutting him, so why trade for him with so little completion?
    • Nevin may get reps at 3B, LF, and DH.  Shaw fits in well as a 1B, LF, DH option too
  • Popular Contributors

×
×
  • Create New...