Jump to content
JMU_Birdfan

2019 General Draft Thread

Recommended Posts

Elias sticking with up the middle positions: Catcher, shortstop, center fielder, center fielder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Spl51 said:

How did the Mets have money to sign Matt Allen?

I assume they know his number. I fully expect their next two picks to be college seniors, whether that is enough we will find out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MurphDogg said:

I assume they know his number. I fully expect their next two picks to be college seniors, whether that is enough we will find out.

I guess Baty is now an underslot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

"He let's his tools play" 

Draft talk kills me.  Find me someone who doesn't let their "tools play."

I see it all the time, tbh. Some guys play stiff. They don't clear their hips, get good extension...all kinds of things. That's what they're talking about, I assume.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cy Bundy said:

It’s awful, they come up with new nonsensical cliches every year in every sport, experts like to create their own language to separate themselves from the peasants.

And...they do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Luke-OH said:

Ortiz is fine value in the 4th, again, not a sexy pick, but in the range you’d expect him to go.

Can he get to his power?  How does his body project?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, weams said:

I guess Baty is now an underslot?

I guess so, they obviously know his number better than we do.

 

The Mets did just grab a college senior in the fourth round, curious how many more they take today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Marlins have taken two college seniors with their first two picks today and none of their three picks yesterday look like major overslots. Curious what they do with their round 5 pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

I guess so, they obviously know his number better than we do.

 

The Mets did just grab a college senior in the fourth round, curious how many more they take today.

Callis says all seniors from here on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, weams said:

Calis says all seniors from here on. 

That gets them to an offer of $2.4-2.45M for Allan plus however much underslot they are able to go on Baty, although their second pick yesterday, Wolf may be an overslot too. We will see if it works out for them. A three man draft is an interesting strategy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MurphDogg said:

That gets them to an offer of $2.4-2.45M for Allan plus however much underslot they are able to go on Baty, although their second pick yesterday, Wolf may be an overslot too. We will see if it works out for them. A three man draft is an interesting strategy.

They can always hope for a Mason McCoy out of the SRs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, weams said:

They can always hope for a Mason McCoy out of the SRs.

Yeah, I would love to see a list of most successful MLB players who were senior signs (under 25K bonus).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...