Jump to content
weams

Trade: Orioles have acquired RHP Tom Eshelman from the Philadelphia Phillies in exchange for International Signing Bonus Slots

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, Philip said:

I’m not sure if anybody has addressed to this possibility, so I might be offering the second telling of the joke, But one of the complaints about Buck was that He had “his guys” and he would support/play them even if there was no reason to do so.I haven’t seen any reason to think that is true in this instance, but is there any possibility that this acquisition demonstrates that maybe Mike has the same kind of blind spot?

in what way? This seems like a reach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eshelman is on a roll.  In his last 6 International League starts he has averaged:

6 S, 6.2 IP,  6 H,  1.7 ER,  1.7 BB,  4.5 K,   93 pitches,  2.27 ERA,  1.13 WHIP

As a former Elias draftee, he could replace Hess in the O's starting rotation before long.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Eshelman is on a roll.  In his last 6 International League starts he has averaged:

6 S, 6.2 IP,  6 H,  1.7 ER,  1.7 BB,  4.5 K,   93 pitches,  2.27 ERA,  1.13 WHIP

As a former Elias draftee, he could replace Hess in the O's starting rotation before long.

I don't have a lot of hope for him but I hope you are right. I could possibly replace Hess and I haven't pitched in close to 30 years.

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

I don't have a lot of hope for him but I hope you are right. I could possibly replace Hess and I haven't pitched in close to 30 years.

Palmer thought he could make a comeback and pitch, how did that work out for him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, LTO's said:

in what way? This seems like a reach.

As I said, I haven’t seen anything to indicate that this is likely, so I admitted it might be a bit of a reach, but Eschelman doesn’t seem to have any virtues that would make him desirable even as minor-league filler, so I was wondering If the main selling point was merely the fact that Mike “knew him from before”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

Palmer thought he could make a comeback and pitch, how did that work out for him?

It was a joke...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Philip said:

As I said, I haven’t seen anything to indicate that this is likely, so I admitted it might be a bit of a reach, but Eschelman doesn’t seem to have any virtues that would make him desirable even as minor-league filler, so I was wondering If the main selling point was merely the fact that Mike “knew him from before”

While I agree Eshelman may not seem like a long term starter in the majors that does not mean that Elias may not see him as better in the current rotation than Hess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wildcard said:

Eshelman is on a roll.  In his last 6 International League starts he has averaged:

6 S, 6.2 IP,  6 H,  1.7 ER,  1.7 BB,  4.5 K,   93 pitches,  2.27 ERA,  1.13 WHIP

As a former Elias draftee, he could replace Hess in the O's starting rotation before long.

Definitely. If so I'd still like to see Hess in the bullpen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, interloper said:

Definitely. If so I'd still like to see Hess in the bullpen.

With Cashner now not pitching Saturday because of a blister it throughs things up in the air.    Straily could get the start on Saturday.  Depending on how long Cashner will be out it will effect who is in the rotation.   Eshelman could still get promoted to the rotation but Hess or Straily may be a decision that Elias/Hyde has to make.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Eshelman. I think he has a chance of sticking in the rotation in some capacity. If his command is really as good as it seems to be, I think he's got a chance of doing well. Can't wait to see him called up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Don't like the K/BB ratio. 

Im not sold he is an arm for the majors.

He might just be an arm for AAA, as they were hurting for SP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

o

 

 

67% of the outs that Eshelman recorded (10 out of 15) came via the Groundout.

 

 

15 OUTS: 9 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 2 Flyouts, 2 Lineouts, 1 Popout

 

THOMADARWIESHELMAN )))))) (vs. DEVIL RAYS, 7/01)

IP:lll5

H:llll 6 )) (6 Singles)

R:lllll 2

BB:ll1

SO:ll0

Pitches: )l 75 )(51 )Strikes, )24 )Balls)

2019 ERA: )l 3.60 )l 5.00 IP  (2 ER)

2019 WHIP: )l 1.400 )l )  5.00 IP  (7 H/BB)

2019 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .300 ))  (6 for 20)

 

PITCHES BY INNING

*******************

29 ll(20 lllStrikes, llll9 llBalls)

15 lll(10 lllStrikes, llll5 lllBalls)

11 lll(71 lllStrikes, lllll4 lllBalls)

91 lll(71 lllStrikes, lllll2 lllBalls)

11 lll(71 lllStrikes, lllll4 lllBalls)

 

o

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

 

 

67% of the outs that Eshelman recorded (10 out of 15) came via the Groundout.

 

 

15 OUTS: 9 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 2 Flyouts, 2 Lineouts, 1 Popout

 

THOMADARWIESHELMAN )))))) (vs. DEVIL RAYS, 7/01)

IP:lll5

H:llll 6 )) (6 Singles)

R:lllll 2

BB:ll1

SO:ll0

Pitches: )l 75 )(51 )Strikes, )24 )Balls)

2019 ERA: )l 3.60 )l 5.00 IP  (2 ER)

2019 WHIP: )l 1.400 )l )  5.00 IP  (7 H/BB)

2019 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .300 ))  (6 for 20)

 

PITCHES BY INNING

*******************

29 ll(20 lllStrikes, llll9 llBalls)

15 lll(10 lllStrikes, llll5 llBalls)

11 lll(71 lllStrikes, lllll4 llBalls)

91 lll(71 lllStrikes, lllll2 llBalls)

11 lll(71 lllStrikes, lllll4 lllBalls)

 

o

Good first start ...good he get some an extended look.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats







×
×
  • Create New...