Jump to content
interloper

Trumbo rehab begins again 8/27/19

Recommended Posts

Sounds ominous to me, but perhaps not. 

I think it's probably only a matter of time before he hits the IL again. Maybe they've got him on a "play a few games, sit a few games" thing and maybe that happens in the big leagues as well. Or maybe he's toast. We'll find out on Sunday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If he has developed a chronic injury that prevents him from playing baseball at a ML level again, I imagine the O's have some kind of insurance to offset a portion of costs. Since a trade isn't at all likely, that seems like the best case scenario for the O's at this point.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, interloper said:

Sounds ominous to me, but perhaps not. 

I think it's probably only a matter of time before he hits the IL again. Maybe they've got him on a "play a few games, sit a few games" thing and maybe that happens in the big leagues as well. Or maybe he's toast. We'll find out on Sunday. 

He is resting up for the Orioles second half playoff push.😀

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LookinUp said:

If he has developed a chronic injury that prevents him from playing baseball at a ML level again, I imagine the O's have some kind of insurance to offset a portion of costs. Since a trade isn't at all likely, that seems like the best case scenario for the O's at this point.

Trumbo is never going to play in another MLB game again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, interloper said:

Sounds ominous to me, but perhaps not. 

I think it's probably only a matter of time before he hits the IL again. Maybe they've got him on a "play a few games, sit a few games" thing and maybe that happens in the big leagues as well. Or maybe he's toast. We'll find out on Sunday. 

I doubt he comes back. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LookinUp said:

If he has developed a chronic injury that prevents him from playing baseball at a ML level again, I imagine the O's have some kind of insurance to offset a portion of costs. Since a trade isn't at all likely, that seems like the best case scenario for the O's at this point.

I doubt they have insurance for the amount of money involved here.

Too many large claims have driven up the cost, so the teams only use it for the really high salaries

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Looks like Pedroia is also about done playing baseball.They both tried  to come back.

Glad they made some money and got repaired so that they can live a natural life. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LookinUp said:

If he has developed a chronic injury that prevents him from playing baseball at a ML level again, I imagine the O's have some kind of insurance to offset a portion of costs. Since a trade isn't at all likely, that seems like the best case scenario for the O's at this point.

I'm sure they have some insurance. It will save a few million to spend post 7/2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I doubt they have insurance for the amount of money involved here.

Too many large claims have driven up the cost, so the teams only use it for the really high salaries

Those policies don't offset the full amount, but they do help. He's making $11 million this year. If the policy offsets 20-30% of that amount, I'm sure ownership will be happy about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

Those policies don't offset the full amount, but they do help. He's making $11 million this year. If the policy offsets 20-30% of that amount, I'm sure ownership will be happy about that.

Just going by what has been discussed in OH a couple of times over the years.

I did find this out on the net, back from 2016, but informational: https://www.quora.com/How-much-do-MLB-teams-pay-to-insure-their-players

I didnt know Webb was turndown for insurance and the Diamondbacks broke off talks, and he signed elsewhere and then couldnt pitch.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores

News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats







×
×
  • Create New...